Future

It had been two years since the legendary battle of Hogwarts, all the losses and the pain was still fresh in the minds of the families and friends of those that unfortunately didn't make it.
For Draco Malfoy the future that awaited him didn't show any mercy, he was highly hated in the wizarding world, no one knew about him helping the golden boy on two separate occasions other than those in the office where his mother's and his trial were held, but they didn't seem too eager into clearing his name.

So he fled, well not exactly since the important people in his life knew where he was, and of course he got permission from his mother seeing as his father was pretty much out of the picture, with his life sentence in Azkaban prison. But still fled, he took the money that was left to his name and went somewhere where not one soul would recognize him or know what he had done or what he went through for most of his childhood. The muggle world. Other than those parents of muggleborns no one knew of the war that was going on a few years ago, and even those muggles who did, didn't care much other than being able to see their kids safe and sound at the end of the years when they were in danger. So he decided to let go of everything that was taught to him, he was finally able to have a mind of his own, go into the world and experience everything on his own and create his own opinion on things, he found that everything his father had said about muggle borns and muggles in general were untrue, for example he no longer believed that they were dirty blooded, in fact he had created his own opinion on keeping the blood pure, a lot of the times when a family was so pure often they had to date, marry and procreate with a witch or wizard somehow related to them, ever since blood purity had become a thing a lot of purebloods would marry cousins once twice or trice removed, but no matter how "unrelated" they were they somehow still shared ancestry and most of the times caused miscarriages or malformation, or in most cases for the children to turn out to be squibs, when some of the smarter purebloods realized this they decided to relate themselves with muggles, which they learned would give them healthy children with magical powers. He was finally able to come to that conclusion himself and appreciate all of those muggle born, and halfblood witches and wizards that he knew. He learned that just because he was pure blood didnt mean he was more powerful or had more magic within him than a muggle born. He knew that what he had done was unforgivable but he also liked to think that if they ever had the chance of seeing this new part of himself that he would make a lot more friends that he had in those times.

Coming back to the topic of him going away, he had decided that maybe traveling was something he wanted to do after graduation from Hogwarts, he and some of his classmates had gone back last year to finish their seventh year. There was two options, go and stay for a whole year as a repetition of their seventh year, or take a test and be able to still graduate as if normal, and as if a war didn't come between that normalcy. You can probably guess what Draco went for, but in case you don't, he went for the test. He had gotten outstanding on all of his subjects and he was supposed to have a bright future in front of himself, but unfortunately no one in the wizarding world would first see his grades, all they saw first and foremost was the faded mark on his arm or his blond hair and lean figure, and instantly he would be rejected from jobs. After his 10th rejection in 2 weeks after his test he decided to leave. He talked to his mother and as soon as he got her blessing he left.

He changed everything about himself, Draco Malfoy was no more, his name was now Eros Hale, and one thing you have to understand and probably already do is that with magic everything, and I mean everything is a lot easier; so all you have to do is get parental or guardian consent and boom as one person dissolves into thin air another appears. Everything that was once Draco Malfoy's was now Eros Hale's, everything except the bad reputation.

Now you may be asking how I know so much about how Draco felt all those years as a teen, how he felt during the war, and how I know that he's Draco no more? Well let me introduce myself, my name is Harry Potter and Draco's former classmate and nemesis of 5-6 years, it's kinda debatable when we stopped seeing each other as enemies and just started seeing each other as people; and Eros boyfriend of 6 months.