Chapter Six - I'm A Cancer

After revealing that Levi was a Leo, I knew I wasn't insane, he has the physical proof that something weird has happened to us misfits. But I find it hard to believe that I have the power to manipulate space and time to my own liking. Who could believe an ordinary high school student would have such capability?

I was too gathered in my own thoughts to even realise that Levi was already parked in front of my house. My arms released from his body and I climbed off the motorcycle carefully, I turned to face him before I opened my garden gate, "Thanks for taking me home, and thanks for proving I'm not crazy." I told him, a small smile dusting onto my pale face. He just flashed me a grin and a faithful nod, "Anytime." he said before speeding off into the distance.

I waited while he vanished out of my vision, I turned around facing the wooden gate, hearing the hatch click I carefully opened the gate door, I looked around the garden, admiring the small view in front of me before I entered into the dining room, in there I noticed my younger brother, doing his homework and Mavis sat on one of the chairs.

Brushing past them, I made my way to the kitchen, "Ah, Blair." I heard my mothers voice echo out. I quickly turned onto my heels to face the direction of the voice, I peeked into the kitchen and noticed my mother impatiently standing their, awaiting for the boiling water for her coffee, "Your friend is in your bedroom, she said she wanted to talk to you." she told me.

I arched an eyebrow, but spoke nothing of it, I nodded my head and let a quiet, "Okay..." escape my lips, turning back and running up the stairs to find out who was exactly waiting for me.

I grasped the door handle tightly before entering my room, and in the corner I noticed a shaking, crying, traumatised Shannon embedded in the corner of my bed, my eyes widened and I darted towards her. I kneeled down onto the beige carpet, "What happened? Why wasn't you at school today? Are you okay?" I questioned in a panic.

She finally looked up to me, dark bags enhanced under her auburn eyes, "I kept seeing them..." she told me, "The dead people, they're everywhere, I was heading to walk with you but they surrounded me..." she began to explain, I nodded frantically and intently, listening in, "S-So I ran, I knocked on your door and your mom let me in, I ran into your bedroom and stayed here all day because they can't get me, they called me Pisces!" she whined before she burst out into tears, she threw her head onto my shoulder as horrific choking sobs escaped her mouth.

I let out a soft sigh, "You're....you're not the only one..." I painfully admitted anxiously biting my bottom lip. She looked up to me, pure shock written in her eyes, frantically she dabbed her jacket sleeve under her eyes, "W-What?" she asked, her lips quivering.

I nodded, "Yeah, I've been called Aries, Levi has been called Leo, Bronwyn Aquarius, Eleanor Scorpio, the twins Gemini and Scarlett a Libra." I explained, "I tried explaining it to everyone but no one believed me..."

She opened her mouth, looking like she was about to say something but couldn't find the words, "T-This has to mean something r-right?" she asked. Slowly, yet cautiously, I nodded my head, "Yeah..."

"But we're going off zodiac signs, meaning their is Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn, Sagittarius, Virgo out of everyone left, r-right?" Shannon questioned. I nodded my head.

As if a sudden burst on energy jumped into her fragile body, she leaped off my bed and began to rummage around in my drawers, "What are you doing?" I questioned.

Her head didn't turn to face me as she continued to scavenge around, "Looking for paper and a pen." she replied. I looked down into my blazer pocket and grabbed a black ball-point pen out of my pocket, I extended it out to her, "Here." I said.