Chapter Four- His

I was speeding down the highway, ready to save what was mine. She will be mine as I am already hers. My black 1967 Chevy Impala, 327, 4-barrel, V-8 engine, automatic, four-dr, Hardtop. Yes. It is exactly what you think it is. The exact copy of Dean Winchester's car on supernatural. I usually tell people its just a coincidence but in truth I'm just fan girling. Is it stupid? Hell no, she is a beauty. Best thing I have ever invested in. I looked at my GPS only to be pissed the fuck off. A forty- five minute fucking drive. What the hell, man. 

I felt my gut wrenching and twisting in anxiety. She was in danger, I could just feel it. My wings were begging to rip out of my back. I knew it would be faster to just fly there but, I need to be able to ease her mind into the fact that her world is not what she thought it was. Shes underage, Ill need to somehow posses her guardian ship. Only for a couple weeks, I could pull some strings. My name is well known among the legal community. I need more information on her before I arrive. 

Dialing my past partner's number, I changed lanes ready to go onto another highway. 

" Detective Diego, speaking." 

" I need some information." With that I heard the typing of keys most likley logging onto the LAPD data base.

" What do you need, Crow." I knew he would be there for me, ever sense chief partnered us, we were inseparable. That was until the death of Mary. I could remember it as if it was yesterday...

" I suggest you stop your officers from trailing me detective." Carl spoke. 

" What makes you think I would do that?" Diego questioned. I could hear everything Diego could hear due to the headphones, we recorded the call and listened while our team tried to trace the call. All was going fine until he got a text. Out of  no where he took off sprinting.  I was about to sprint after him until I noticed the phone lying on the floor. The phone call ended but what infuriated me was the image on the screen. It was a bomb with a timer on it, counting down from five minutes I assumed. 

What really scared me was what was in the background. The bomb seemed to be strapped under a table but the angle the photo you could see the ground. What was on the ground was a toddler and woman playing on the carpet. 

" Call the swatt team, and the bomb squad, there is a bomb at Detective Diego's house!" I screamed, but nobody was moving. 

" What are you doing! Get off your asses and move!" With that they seemed to come back to reality and started moving. I quickly grabbed my coat and dashed to my car. Climbing in I called Diego. Ring. Ring. Ring. No reply. 

" Fuck!" I screamed putting the car into reverse and racing out of the parking lot. Okay. Claus think. If it takes me about two minutes to get to Diego's house, and if I subtract a minute for the time it took me too get into the parking lot. Ill have a total of two minutes or so. 

I arrived at his house only too see Diego just arriving, running across the street too his home. I climbed out of the car sprinting to the house, but just as I placed my foot onto the porch steps, I was blown back. All I could feel was a burning sensation, smoke in my lungs and the cold cement ground. Ringing in my ears I crack my eyes open and see nothing but smoke ash, and debris. 

We were too late. I hoisted myself up too look closer and see Diego knelled next to a lump. I started jogging over to try and take a better look. Only to see Diego sobbing next to a scorched carcass holding a smaller one. 

Marie and Ellie. His wife and only daughter. 

His daughter had just turned a year old the day before. His wife for thirteen years and year old baby girl died that day. He went rogue after that, almost killing the man the murdered his family. I had stopped him, telling him that's not what Marie would have wanted. Carlisle Frank is now rotting in a cell for the rest of his life. 

Diego is no longer a detective in the Homicide Department. He is now a detective in the Drug and Illegal Substance Department. He says he is happy there, but I know different. He's the only one that know I'm not human, but a fallen angel. He didn't believe it at first, but when he touched my back exclaiming that if I was really a fallen angel why don't I have wings. I told him that when an angel falls there wings are cut off by the other angels but he still didn't believe. So i pulled up my shirt and showed him the scars. 

There were two shiny, light pink, jagged lined between my should blades. He said he kind of believed me so, I got annoyed, turned around, grabbed his shoulders and stared into his eyes. I knew my eyes were glowing gold as I stared into his shocked filled eyes. After that day him and I trusted each other completely. knowing we would always have each other's back, especially after his family's death. 

His voice suddenly brought me back to the present. 

" Claus! Can you here me?!" He shouted over the phone.

" Yes sorry, I need you too search Althea Sorces, shes the one."

" Your dead serious, okay." I could hear him typing at a speed even I couldn't match. 

" So, Althea Key Sorces, what do you want to know about her?" He asked, and I had to pause my thoughts and think about it. What did I need to know? 

" Her family's status and who her guardian is." I stated some what sure of myself.   

" Okay... Her parents are Ethan Sorces and Annabelle Sorces, she has one known grandparent, Elizabeth Claire, and a brother, Jared Sorces." My mind went straight to the sadistic killer. 

" What is the current status of them all?" I asked, my insides feeling like there twisting. 

" Ethan Sorces, deceased. Cause of death, homicide, now a cold case." I paused at that.

" Keep going." 

" Annabelle Sorces, deceased. Cause of death, homicide, now a cold case." My anxiousness is getting worse every time something comes out of his mouth.

" Elizabeth Claire, deceased. Cause of death, homicide. Again, now cold case. There's something wrong with this family Claus." He stated, and I knew he was right. 

" I know, continue on." I demanded.

" Jared Sorces, alive, currently twenty-two, and is the current guardian of Althea Sorces." At this point my insides were boiling. 

" That was all I needed, I need to go, Ill explain later." I hung up as I pulled into a cobble stone drive way. I turned down my radio, rolled down my windows and slowly drove up the drive way. I was trying to listen if there was any commotion when I heard breaking glass. Taking that as a sign to run in, I speed into the rest of the drive way and swiftly climb out of the car. 

I was just about to barge in, when I felt someone crash into me. I quickly caught the figure, when i realized who it was. I was breathing hard at this point and that's when she lifted her blonde covered head and looked into my eyes. 

I'm complete. My salvation has arrived. She was mine I was hers. Its her. The next word that came out of both me and hers  mouth would change our lives forever, fulfilling fate. 

" Mate."