Chapter 10

When the sun rose, we all took off. We patted down the fire. Niall put his arm around Liam, since he couldn't walk on his leg.

We made the angry, older knight carry Mingley, who still refused to wake up.

"Do you think the dragon beat us there?" I asked Louis.

"If he did, then we're safe." He said.

"What about my family?"

"Well..."

"Never mind. Don't answer that."

He took my hand in his. "I'll be here. I'll be your family."

I smiled.

"Do you hear that?" Liam stopped everyone.

"Yes!" Zayn said. "The royal carriage!"

"How can you tell?" Louis asked.

"Because of how slow it's moving." Zayn moved some branches and, sure enough, there was the royal carriage.

"This is it." Louis whispered. "I haven't seen Harry in years."

"Well, now is your chance to reconcile." I whispered back. I started making my way over bushes to get to the carriage.

"You can't just approach them!" Niall whispered.

"Sure I can. They're just people." I shrugged.

"You and these notions inside your head." Liam mumbled.

I started walking to the carriage. It was on a dirt road, riding towards the village. I walked right out in front of it.

The carriage driver pulled on the reins.

"Charles, why are we stopping?" I heard a very feminine voice, and then I saw her face. "Why is there a girl standing in front of the carriage?

I curtsied and avoided eye contact.

"My name is Faraley. I'm the daughter of a baker." I said. "And I'm in desperate need of your help."

"Oh, Lord." The queen said. "Another 'helpless' peasant."

"Just hear her out, Mother." A young male voice, said. "What do you need?" He jumped out of the carriage. Prince Harry walked closer to me.

"You can stand." He said.

I straightened myself out. "Your highness, we're in danger."

"We?"

I pointed to my friends. "You have to help us. We need to discuss a major issue with you."

Harry made eye contact with Louis and Louis looked away.

"I'd rather not help out thieves and liars." Prince Harry scowled at me. He started walking away.

"I'm not a thief or a liar." I grabbed his arm.

Everyone gasped.

"How dare you!" Harry said. He pushed me to the ground.

"Hey!" Louis yelled. He tripped over the bushes and pushed Harry's shoulder. "Don't treat her like that."

They glared at each other and then turned to me.

"You need to listen to her." Louis said. "And since you won't take my word, listen to your own knights." He pointed to Liam and the older knight.

"Sir Liam? What are you doing? And what is Sir Isaac carrying?" He asked.

"That's what we need to talk to you about!" Liam said.

"Please, sire." I said. "It's important."