Chapter 11

On a tour of the castle, which I gave myself, I realized two things.

1: There are too many servants.

2: There are a lot of pictures of Harry and none of Louis.

I slowly walked through the cold halls of the castle. My footsteps echoed. You could not sneak around in this place. Just wasn't possible.

"We can't help them." I heard Harry's voice. I stepped closer to the door.

"My special brother and his idiot friends." He sighed. I pushed the door open a little to hear more clearly.

"Yes, sir." Someone said. "Such a tragedy."

"He doesn't even belong here." Harry mumbled. "His friends have always been rowdy. This batch is the worst. Fairy Kingdom...There is no such thing!"

Yes there is....

"Of course not, sir." The servant said.

"Why would God create a world where some people had powers and others didn't?" Harry questioned.

"I don't know, sir."

"That Faraley girl...I recognize her. Invite her to dinner for me."

"I'm sorry, sir. She and your brother have already begun a courtship."

"I hate him. Invite her anyway."

"Yes, sir."

The servant started walking away. I rushed down the hall.

"Ah!" The servant recognized me. "Madam Faraley!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around. "Hi."

"Prince Harry requests your presence."

"Now?"

"He did say dinner, and he is eating now."

"Ok. I'll follow you, since I have absolutely no idea where Harry is."

That probably wasn't very convincing, but the servant didn't notice.

The servant led me back to Harry's room. It was a large room. Harry was sitting on a gold chair by a fireplace. A platter of food was on the table next to him. I walked around and curtsied.

"Your highness." I said.

"Bring her a chair." Harry said. The servant brought me a chair identical to Harry's. I sat down.

"Explain this Fairy Kingdom to me." Harry said.

"There isn't much to explain." I shrugged. I looked into the fire. "There are people in it...Just...Magical beings? I guess that's the best way to put it. It'd be easier to show you."

"Well, then show me."

"Apparently you didn't listen to me at all. There's a war that's about to happen. I can't take you there. Eva will kill you."

"I heard that part."

"Right, in between this kingdom and the Fairy Kingdom. So, yes. Eva wants to kill you."

"What did I do?"

"You were born as a human. Therefore, she hates you."

"Can I ask you something?"

I shrugged. "I guess. Ask away, Harry."

He opened his mouth to correct me, but closed it. He sighed. "Are you one of them? What is my brother getting in to?"

"Yeah, I'm half-elf. My dad is an elf. And Louis wants to get into it. I asked him already." I stood up. "Louis doesn't need your permission, your highness."