Chapter 18

If I hadn't been dreaming about Louis, then maybe I wouldn't have woken up so many times. I missed him so much that waking up with him as dream made me believe he was still alive. He had only been gone for a few hours.

I wish that my dreams about him weren't different point of views of his death. Sometimes my dreams would have different endings. I would save him, and the world. But I never seemed to save him for long. I would wake up, and he would be gone. Louis was now only alive in my dreams.

It wasn't until morning that I finally came to remember that Louis was no longer here. The more I thought about it, the sadder I became and the more I wanted to die.

All of my thoughts in the last twelve hours were about him. There was no body, so we couldn't bury him. There wasn't even ash to spread across the ocean. There was nothing.

Eva said something about a lingering spirit, but I couldn't bring myself to think about the possibility. Bringing the dead back to life didn't seem possible, and I wasn't about to get my hopes up.

When morning finally came, my four friend, Ginji, and I started walking. I didn't know where we were going, but I wanted to get as far away as possible. The destination didn't matter to me.

Niall suggested we take his ship, but that was in the dock at the kingdom, and possibly had burned by now. I reminded him that we had to stay and protect the kingdom, my family, and Louis' family. I figured Louis would want his brother and mother safe, even if he ran away from them.

Walking was the safest bet, as flying made us obvious. Eva had a dragon, too, and I wasn't about to die in the sky.

Ginji stopped moving, which caused the five of us to turn around. Ginji was our only protection, besides Niall's limited magic.

"What is it?" I asked Niall.

"He smells something." Niall approached his pet. "What is it buddy?"

Ginji roared into the sky. Startled birds flew out of the trees. My heart jumped into my throat. Zayn reached for the dagger in his boot. Mort hid behind Beanstalk.

Finally, a dragon crashed in front of us. It was almost identical to Ginji, but with pale green scales, instead of red.

Ginji roared at it again, which caused the other dragon to roar. It almost sounded like they were having a conversation.

"Oh no." Niall groaned. "What are you doing here?"

Aberlane's head popped into view. "Well, you were very quick to steal my supplies and weaponry. Not to mention my dragon." He climbed off his dragon, landing ungracefully on the ground. He landed with a "thud" and he groaned a little from the pain.

Niall helped him up. "You're going to get yourself killed. You should've stayed at the house."

"Who's he?" Zayn asked me.

"Niall's father." I sighed. "Watch out. He's a little on the psycho side."

I walked over to the son and father. They yelled at each other, completely disregarding the people around them.

"You steal my possessions, you take my dragon, and you didn't even say goodbye!" Aberlane yelled. "How do you think that made me feel? My only son steals from me. And you!" He pointed at me. "I can not approve of this wedding now! I know it was you who made my boy do all of this!"

"We're not getting married!" Niall and I yelled at the same time. We looked at each other. I took a step to the right, and he went to the left.

I cleared my throat, "We had to. It's for a good cause."