three.

three. SLEEPOVER

PHOEBE POV; I sat in the passenger seat of Billy car, glancing at him with every chance I get

PHOEBE POV;
I sat in the passenger seat of Billy car, glancing at him with every chance I get. He was driving down the streets and highs ways of Hawkins at a fast speed. I am a hundred percent sure that he was passing the speed limit. There was such an uncomfortable silence, but I didn't dare to say anything. I'm just grateful that he said it was okay for me to stay over his house without questioning.

I looked to the side and see a cigarette dangling from his lips, his eyes glued to the road, and his hands drumming against the wheel to the beat of this terrible song that was playing.

"What are you looking at?" He snaps.

I quickly turned away and stared out the window. "Nothing." I managed to say.

Images from him beating Troy up came into my mind. Troy was bleeding uncontrollably and Billy didn't look like he was going to stop beating him until he possibly died. I could hear myself begging for him to stop beating him, but he just wouldn't. It was like something completely took over him.

"Hey, are you listening to me?" Billy asked, glancing at the blonde.

I turned to look at him, "hm, what?"

He looked annoyed. Most likely annoyed at the fact that I wasn't listening to anything he was saying.

He scoffs and shakes his head, "nothing."

I rolled my eyes and turned to look out the window again. "You're annoying," I noted.

"I'm annoying? How? You were the one who wasn't listening to what I asked." He argued. He flicks his cigarette bud out the window and tightly grip his stirring wheel. His temper was slowly becoming out of control.

"Because you can't simply repeat what you said? Maybe if your terrible music wasn't so loud I would've heard you." I feud, since he wanted to raise his voice at me. I folded my arms across my chest and threw myself back into my seat. Completely irritated with the boy sitting next to me.

"First of all, my music is not terrible. You just have terrible taste." He disrespected. I gasped and whipped my head in his direction. I was about to speak up but he continued his argument. "And I simply asked if you were okay!"

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Not sure what the hell he was talking about. "Okay from what?"

Billy seemed to relax a bit when I asked him that question. He released a sigh and loosen his grip on the wheel. "From earlier. When that guy touched you and when he pushed me onto you. I remembered I stepped on your tiny feet." He clarified. Billy turned to look at me with a slightly concerned look on his face.