nine.

nine. THE GATE pt. 2

BACK at the Byers house, the kids were cleaning the mess of broken pieces of glass and papers that laid around the floor

BACK at the Byers house, the kids were cleaning the mess of broken pieces of glass and papers that laid around the floor. Billy, Steve, and Dustin were in the kitchen planing on shoving the dead Demogorgon into the fridge; to Dustin's request.

Dustin and Billy were emptying our the fridge while Steve held the dead Demogorgon. 

Dustin threw the last jar of food onto fhe floor and looked to Steve. "Alright. It should fit now."

"Is this really necessary?" Steve and Billy questioned at the same time.

"Yes, it is, okay? This is a groundbreaking scientific discovery." Dustin tells them. "We can't just bury it like some common mammal, okay? It's not a dog."

"All right, all right, all right." Steve gives in. "But you're explaining this to Mrs. Byers, all right?" He starts to shove the dead Demogorgon in the fridge with Billys help.

"Ew!"

"Jesus!"

Steve and Billy complained as they shoved it completely inside. The head touched Steves's shoulder and the slim from the Demo-dog gettng all over Billy.

"Get the door, Dustin!" Steve orders the young boy. He quickly grabbed the door and the there shut it together before the Demogorgon could fall out from hrs place.

"That was disgusting." Billy states.

"Honestly." Steve agrees while Dustin nodded his head.

"That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs!" The three turned their heads to the direction the loud voice was coming from. It was Mike yelling at Lucas and Max in living room.

"Demo-dogs!" Dustin corrects.

"The Chief will take care of them." Lucas comforts, trying to get Mike to calm down.

"Like they need protection." Max points out.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve tells the young boy while he wipes away the slime from the Demogorgon with a rag.

Mike squints his eyes together. Wondering what the hell Steve was talking about. "Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench."

"So my point is..." Steve stammers, looking around trying to think of what to say. It was quiet for a few seconds while they all looked at him, waiting for a response. "Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do," Steve mutters as he throws the rag over his shoulders.

"That's not entirely true." Dustin speaks. "I mean, these demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away."