seven.

seven. RUN

"SO, you have powers?" Billy questions as the two walked side by side down the railroad tracks

"SO, you have powers?" Billy questions as the two walked side by side down the railroad tracks. They were making their way back to the car to hopefully come up with a plan to figure out where the demogorgons went.

Billy was still in disbelief of what happened. About those crazy critters and how Phoebe tossed them across the field with just a flick of her wrist.

"I guess you can say that," Phoebe replies looking over to Billy. He was looking at the ground with his hands in his pocket reimagining the events from before. He was a bit shaken up, but he didn't want to show that fear and now he finally understood what Phoebe meant by protecting them all herself. "What are you thinking?" Her soft voice caused him to look up.

"Everything that happened. It's fucking crazy. I didn't know you went through that before. I would have never thought that things like that exist. It's honestly scary." He confessed. He stopped walking and turns to look at her fully. Phoebe noticed he stopped and came to a halt. She was standing in front of him, a bit confused about his sudden action. Billy stood there, preparing himself for what he was about to say to her.

"Are you okay, Billy?" She worries.

Ahead of them, you can hear the kids arguing, but they weren't paying attention to them. Only to each other. He felt like he should take advantage of the moment.

"W-When I saw you outside and saw more of those crazy dogs coming at you, my heart honestly fell. I thought you were going to die and for some reason, I was terrified. I never felt that kind of fear in my life." He finally looks up at her and she was shocked to see his blue eyes glistening, tears ready to fall. "I was afraid to-to lose you." Billy admitted. He stuttered a bit because he was a bit nervous to let that out. He never confesses his true feelings to anyone, but it was different with Phoebe. It always was.

"Why?" She whispers. Her eyes meeting his shimmering blue one's. Phoebe wanted to hear him say those words. Everyone always said terrible things about Billy. She knew there was some good in him. There's always some type of goodness in people and there's a story behind every one.

"Because," he looks away from her.

Phoebe quickly placed her hands on his cheeks for him to look at her. "Tell me."

He doesn't respond. Instead, he leans down and gently presses his lips against her. Phoebe smiles against his lips and wraps her arms around his neck while his slide around her waist. Pulling her closer to him and deepening the kiss.

"EWWW!" The kids yell. The two separated from their kiss in shock. Billy was upset that the moment was ruined, while they both looked towards the kids.

"Alright, lovebirds, come on. I heard something." Steve informs. He makes his way up the small hill and the kids, besides Max, followed and so did Phoebe and Billy. Leaving the young redhead there.