eight.

eight. THE GATE pt. 1

"ELEVEN

"ELEVEN."

"Mike."

The two preteens walked to each other hugged. Phoebe was glad to see El reunited with Mike, but she also felt terrible keeping her a secret from everyone. They all believed she was gone, so they mourned and missed her.

"I never gave up on you." Mike says as the parted from the hug. "I called you every night. Every night for-"

"353 days." Eleven finishes with a smile. Knowing that he did call and never gave up. "I heard." She adds.

Mike furrowed his eyebrows, "why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper chimes.

That's when Phoebe and Hopper walked towards her. "The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper asked, upset.

"Where have you been?" Eleven fought back. Hopper leans in and hugs her. As well as Phoebe. Hopper loved his girls and would do anything to protect them, even if they're fully capable of doing it themselves.

"You've been hiding her." Mike concludes, "and you knew?!" He then yells at Phoebe. "You've been hiding her this whole time." Mike pushes Hopper which caused him to turn around. "Hey!" He grabbed Mike by the collar of his shirt and pulled him close. "Let's talk. Alone." Hopper orders and he pushes Mike to a room.

Eleven walks over to Phoebe again and hugs her sister. "I missed you." She says to her older sister.

Phoebe tightens the hug, "I missed you too, but don't ever do that again. You scared me shitless." She tells Eleven. The young girl nods and went to hug her other friends.

"Is that your sister?" Billy quizzes as he saw Eleven hugging, Lucas and Dustin.

Phoebe nods, "yeah. Well, me and her a both adopted." She completely turned to Billy and looked at him. "When I was young my parents were killed. I was taken in by some scientists and was experimented on." She pulls down her sleeve to reveal the number 012 that was tattooed on her wrist. "Hence why I have these powers and such. I managed to escape and Hopper found me and took me in. He gave me a name, fully adopted me and now he's trying with Eleven, but it's kind of hard. People are still out there trying to look for her." She explains as short and as understandable as she could.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He speaks, placing his hand on her cheek and rubbing her soft skin.

She sinks into his touch with a smile, "I'm kind of glad that it did because if it hadn't, I wouldn't have met these amazing people. And I would have met you." She says. He smiles at her and goes on for a kiss, but it was stopped when Hopper's voice sounded.

"What the hell is happening here?"

Phoebe quickly backs away from Billy and looks up at Hopper with a nervous smile. "You remember, Billy, right?"