six.

six. STANDOFF

DUSTIN tossed Steve the key and he undid the lock

DUSTIN tossed Steve the key and he undid the lock. He grabs the handles to the doors and flew them opened. The four looked into the underground basement, afraid that they'd see what Dustin has been chatting about.

Dustin shines the light into the basement and Steve notices.

"Let me see that." He grabbed the flashlight from Dustin's hand and the four proceeded to look into the entrance of the basement, but there was nothing.

"He must be further down there," Dustin proposes. "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape." He adds. A hint of fear in his voice. Dustin already had to deal with this monster earlier. He didn't want to deal with it again.

The three teenagers stared at the young boy in disbelief. They all shook their heads and went back to looking into the dark basement.

Phoebe had to admit that she was scared. She doesn't know what to expect and she even more afraid of how Billy will handle what he witnesses.

She was scared to think if it was one of those Demogorgon's they fought against last year.

"Come on. Let's go down." Phoebe fearfully suggests. The two older boys nod. They left Dustin on the surface as requested while Steve and Billy walked ahead of Phoebe.

The three soon reached the middle of the basement and Steve turned the light on that hug from the ceiling. They glanced around and saw nor heard anything. Phoebe stayed close to Billy. Billy could feel her hand and grazing over his from how close she was. She was terrified which she had no idea why because she's fully capable of protecting herself and others.

"Guys, look." Steve calls. The two turned to him and see him holding a slimy and dripping wet shredded skin. As if there was some type of reptile skin.

"That's nasty." Billy says.

Phoebe scrunched her nose up in nausea. "it looks so disgusting." She comments. Phoebe turns her head a little more and sees a huge hole in the wall. As if something was breaking its way out.

"Are you guys okay?" Dustin contacts from up top.

"Get down here." Steve orders. Dustin listens and jogs down the stairs. When he reached the bottom, Steve showed him the slimy shredded skin. "Oh, shit." Dustin curses. Then steve pointed to the huge hole in the wall. "Oh, shit!"

The four made their way to the hole in the wall and stared into it. The circular hole was deep and looked as if it was on for a while.

"What the hell is happening? I don't understand what's happening here." Billy says, completely lost and a bit scared, which was not an emotion he enjoyed feeling.

"I'm pretty sure this thing is a Demogorgon." Dustin simplifies. Steve's and Phoebe's eyes widen. A bit shocked. This can not be happening again.