07

It's funny how you can be with someone but not even really be with them.

Harry's arms were around me the whole night and despite his declaration of love before we fell asleep, I still didn't feel like the Harry I knew was there.

It was even worse when I woke up the next morning alone. I wasn't told goodbye or left a note as to where he had gone so early in the morning. I hadn't even gotten a text from him all morning either. I knew he had meetings with the band and the management team at some point during that day so I just decided to let him be and come to me when he was ready.

I had to meet with my styling team that morning to finalise clothing options for tour. Once that was finished, I headed off to meet Gemma. We planned to meet at our favourite cafe near our respective houses at 2:30 that afternoon and I was so thankful to see my best friend when I walked into the cafe.

"Gee!" She exclaimed when she saw me. She got out of her seat and rushed towards me.

I wrapped my arms tightly around her. "I'm so glad to see you, Gem. I missed you!"

We sat down and immediately ordered a bottle of wine. "How is it I saw you two or three days ago and it seems like it's been forever?" Gemma asked, not even bothering to look at the menu. We both already knew what we would have.

"Gem, I have felt the exact same way. It's so weird. Gosh, when I'm back from tour can we go back to our normal lives? I just want to run the shop with you again."

Gemma poured us each a glass of wine. "You don't like the job?"

I shook my head. "No, it's not that. I think it's just fun while it's happening but long term I couldn't do this."

Gemma nodded. "Any specific reason why?"

I took a sip of my wine. "Not really.."

Gemma sighed. "Cmon, get it all out. All the drama. Just tell me it all now and then we can focus on the wedding because I need your help this afternoon and basically any free moment you have this week."

"Don't you have Juliette to help you?" I asked.

"Some maid of honour you are," she teased. "I fired her."

"What?! Gemma! You did not!" Inside I was beyond relieved that Juliette was out of our social circle. Gemma's wedding was the only reason she was around anymore. I was pretty sure Louis was done with her too. He hasn't mentioned her in a few days.

"I had too. I realized after what you said about her in Vegas and the evil look she had on her face the other night when she heard what you said about Harry was enough. I can't have someone around and in my life and have to be worried about why they're my friend or be on my toes and watching what I say. It's bad enough being the sister of someone famous and having to deal with fame mongers."

I laughed. "Yes, but isn't she best friends with David?"

"Er.. He doesn't know I fired her yet. I don't know how long I can keep it a secret but I'll have to tell him sooner or later," she admitted.

"Wait, Gemma when did you fire her?" I asked. The waitress had come by and we stopped our conversation to order our lunch of a chicken and avocado salad.

"Two hours ago?" She shrugged. "It's for the best!"

I smirked. "While I totally agree with you, I'm now just worried about what she's going to do. God, when I think of how manipulative she was back when I was still confused about Harry and Louis, it makes me cringe to think what she could do with that information."

Gemma sipped her wine. "I'm not going to comment on that situation. But what I am worried about is what you told me about Harry the other day. What's going on?"