57

He was not who I was expecting. But I had also been expecting him to make an appearance, especially with the news surrounding my engagement and wedding to Harry. It was unavoidable. I knew I would have to face this, but I didn't think it would be on this day.

Today was supposed to be my wedding day. I was supposed to be able to enjoy this day and have it just be that, my wedding day. My day to share with Harry. And our little one.

I waited for him to come up to me once he saw me but he didn't. Instead, he gestured towards the door leading into some of the private rooms and I nodded.

"Harry, I'm going to run to the loo, I'll be back in a minute." I kissed his cheek as he nodded to me before I darted off quick enough for him to not realise I was heading in the opposite direction of the toilet and I was also not requesting the assistance of Gemma or Juliette or Cally to aid with my dress.

"What are you doing here?" I hissed, once the door shut with a 'click' behind me.

He chuckled softly. "Didn't peg you for a polygamist, Georgia. You know why I'm here."

I folded my arms across my chest. It was a bit difficult to do in my expansive dress. I was already regretting not changing into my second gown for the evening. "Look, that was years ago. I thought we took care of everything?"

He shook his head and pulled a sheet of paper out of his coat pocket. "It was always missing one thing.. Your signature. You never signed it the day you left me."

I gasped. How could I have not signed it? I was supposed to be in the clear. This was supposed to be a thing of the past. Buried deep and forgotten and never spoke about. But here it was, coming to haunt me at the worst possible time. "Do you have a pen?"

He handed me one and the paper and I scribbled my name on the line. I handed the paper back to him. "There, done. Now, please, you can't mention this to anyone.. If Harry found out about this.. It would probably break his heart."

"You shouldn't keep secrets from your husband, Georgia. If you recall, that's where we had issues."

"Please.. Just don't, in fact, it's probably best if you left right now."

"Don't worry, I wasn't staying. This should be processed by Monday and if you can hold off on filing your marriage certificate until Tuesday, it shouldn't be an issue. I hope you're happy."

I offered him a small smile. "I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life."

"Good, you deserve it. I.." I could see he wanted to say more.

"Jasper, please. We were young and dumb. We are both different people now."

He smiled wistfully. "I know, I know. I'll be going."

"Actually, before you go, do you mind telling me who you are and why you're cornering my wife?"

My heart sunk. Of course Harry would have noticed I was gone and come to investigate. This was the completely wrong way for him to find me and for him to find out the secret I had been keeping from him.

"Harry, this is my.. This is Jasper. He was just congratulating me and he on his way out," I said, calmly, hoping my face wouldn't give away the fact that I was lying.

Harry studied my face carefully. I could tell he knew I was lying by the way a frown graced his gorgeous lips and he blinked slowly before nodding. He walked forward to where Jasper and I stood, holding his hand out for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you, mate. Shame you can't stay," he took Jasper by the arm and led him towards the door. "I'll see you out."

"Goodbye, Georgia. And once again, congratulations," Jasper said before he was ushered out by Harry.