Chapter 9

AFTER gone grocery they went to Camila's apartment. Lauren stopped her black Ford pick-up when Camila pointed her apartment and she saw a two-storey apartment building and there were so many neighbourhood.

"That man who helped you got to the hospital where did he live?"

"Why?"

"I wanted to thank him."

And Camila smiled, "I'm in Shawn's apartment when that incident happened, creepy right?"

"Correction it's not incident it's maltreatment."

And Camila chuckled, "okay doctor."

"Can we go now? Because I notice that your neighbours don't like you here, even me," Lauren said when she saw their eyes darted on them.

"You were right," and they unbuckle their seatbelt and went out of the pick-up.

When they passed by all of the neighbours were staring at them like they were criminals.

"Don't mind them they're always like that," and she handed her hand.

And Lauren took it, "we're not welcomed."

And they headed to the apartment.

Camila was glad because Lauren never let go of her hand now that her neighbours in that apartment building which is exclusively for women was kept staring at Lauren, like they wanted to grab her and undress her since Lauren is a beautiful creature. Then they finally stopped at the last door of that floor.

"Hey Lo before we enter I have some questions for you."

"And what is it?"

"Are you afraid of cockroaches, rats, spiders and lizards?"

"Why would I be afraid with that kind of insects?"

"Then you could protect me from them, will you?"

"You're afraid of them?"

"Sort of," and she get the key on the hanging plants.

"I will carry you on my back."

"Really, you will do that?"

"Of course, now ride on, let me open it, not to mention you put your key on that dead hanging plant," and Camila did after that let her ride on her back, she did now open the door.

"They will not mind."

As what Camila expecting, a cockroach approach them and Lauren just stomp on the little creature while Camila bury her face on Lauren's back shoulder.

"I think they were gone," Lauren said.

"Are you sure? You know what they always surprise me," Camila said while still burying her face in Lauren's back shoulder.

And Lauren smiled because Camila kept burying her face on her shoulder, "yes, they're gone," and she gulped when Camila tightly embrace her and it means that her breast is pressed tightly on her back that made her hormones wild, "no worries I'll sue them away," she just said trying to hide those green scenery on her mind.

"Just keep going Lo I'll stay here in your back until they were really gone, they're always like that."

"Okay, the switch where is it?"

"On your right side the bottom one," she answered.

And Lauren saw it through the dim light given by the sun that reflects in the mirror and she turned the switch on. Now, Lauren fully saw the interior of Camila's apartment, "you have a beautiful apartment."

"Thank you," Camila said behind Lauren's shoulder.

"It's sad to say that we can't live here."

"Yeah, but..," and Camila raise her head, "but my apartment is too far from Kaiser Hospital," and she gulped when Lauren looked at her then she saw her kissable lips and she got blush, "y-you will do a big adjustments if we live here."

"Hmm you were right then we'll look for a house near Kaiser Hospital."

"Sure..," and she sighed, "you can put me down," and Lauren did, "thank you for the protection," Camila said when her feet landed on the floor of her apartment.

"Though it's dirty it's still very organize."

"I'm not here for 6mos."

"Uh yeah, I forgot," and she scratch her cheek.

And it found Camila cute and attractive whenever she saw Lauren scratching its cheek, "I'm sorry Lo I can't offer you anything aside from water."

"Don't mind me, just pack your things."

"Okay it will not take long," and Lauren nod.

While waiting for Camila packed her things, the important one, Lauren roamed around the apartment then her eyes spotted a picture frame just above the tv set. She took it and found out that it was Shawn and Camila both are happy, 'if Shawn was a good man and know how to take care of Camila I will surely not met her,' and she sighed then put it back to its place because she felt jealous.

"Lauren are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah I'm fine," and Camila took the frame and took out the picture in it.

"Why are you taking it out?"

"Like what you did the other night I'm going to burn it with the other things that I have with him, I want to forget him."

"Even if you burned it, it doesn't mean you will fully forget him."

"What do you mean?"

"If you really want to forget him put a period in it."

"How about you Lauren, did you put a period in it?"

"Not yet it will take days before my heart healed completely but I'm trying my best," and Camila held her hand.

"You know what Lo I like you," and that make Lauren stare at her, "everything of you and I mean it and I'm sorry for saying this but I felt jealous of her," and she got blush, even Lauren, "she didn't know how lucky she was to have you."

And Lauren smiled, "thank you for saying it and maybe there's a reason behind it all, but Camila how you could like me if you still didn't know who I am?"

"If you let me I want to know more about you, I already told you right? That's if you let me."

"Why?"

"I already said it to you," and she stare again at those emerald eyes and she got blush even more, "you're teasing me again," and she turn her back to her, "I'll go finish my packing," and she started walking.

And Lauren smiled because she knew that there's something in those brown eyes that she liked, then she heard someone knocking.

"I will open it," Camila said quickly when she turn back to open the door.

"Okay," and she sat down again. After a fleeting second she just heard a commotion and someone is shouting, "Camz," so she quickly get there to know what had happened.