Chapter 3

LAUREN couldn't take off of her smile away when she saw Dinah rushing towards her.

"Lauren, I heard from Nurse Lucy, what happened to Camila? Is it true she's awake?"

And Lauren smiled knowing Dinah was worried about her bestfriend, "yes DJ, it's true, you don't have to worry because she's fine and I got a chance to talk to her well not really talk but she respond to me, you can visit her anytime but for now she was sleeping."

"I'm glad, thank you."

"You're welcome."

WHEN the sun rose in the morning to give warm and light to everyone, Lauren was so happy and couldn't take those smiles off from her lips since yesterday, she even brought a bouquet of flowers. She was excited when she entered at Room 1132. The lonely room before was now lively. She put the flowers on the vase she brought and then she greeted Camila a good morning after that.

"Hey good morning sunshine," and caress some hair from Camila and went to the windows, she open the blind folds so the fresh air will enter at the room.

She stays in Camila's room for a minute before her first shift started on that day she took a book from her bag and decided to read some pages after settling down to one of the chairs. After a minute of reading she stopped when she notice someone was staring at her, so she take a look at Camila and the brown one met the emerald one.

"Who—are you..?"

Lauren was amazed on those brown eyes and her voice becomes her music, she smiled at her and put the book aside, she stood and pull the chair she used and place it beside the hospital bed so she and Camila could talk, "I bet you forgot my face, I'm your doctor, Dr. Lauren Jauregui," and she handed her hand to hers and Camila never failed her and took it slowly.

"Where am I—Doc?"

"You're here in Kaiser Hospital and you're asleep for 5mos now let's just say 6 mos."

"That long?"

"Yeah, that was my friend said, don't worry you're safe here," and took some hair strands off her face so that she can saw fully of her gorgeous face, then they heard a faint knock at the door, "I will just open it," and Camila agreed, she stood and went to the door to open it then she saw Dinah.

"I know you're here."

"Staying here for a bit before my shift starts."

"And you must get ready."

"Yeah, I know, oh by the way, you came in a right time."

"Why?" and she stopped, "is Camila awake?"

"Yes," and she gave her a way for her friend to come in.

Dinah gets in and she saw Camila, "Chancho," and went to her.

"Cheechee," she whispered in a teary eye and her bestfriend Dinah Jane Hansen embrace her.

"I'm glad you're awake."

"Yeah..," and her tears fell.

"PAGING DR. JAUREGUI, YOU'RE NEEDED AT ROOM 1113. PAGING DR. JAUREGUI, YOU'RE NEEDED AT ROOM 1113."

And Lauren sighed. And both women looked at her.

"Go now, leave Mila to me," Dinah said.