Chapter Sixteen

Kathryn's p.o.v

Soon we arrive at my place . I thanked Kristoff and he replied by something like

"My pleasure m'lady , I can be you uber anytime just don't forget to rate me " I scoffed at is word and he drove off laughing .

I walked up to my front door . To say I was nervous is an understatement . I dreaded what Michael had to say . Knocking on the door ,I waited for it to open . After what felt like years the door opened . Michael opened the door , still in his clothes from yesterday no sleep in his eyes .

"Kathryn oh god! , I was so worried " he said as he pulled me inside , closing the door and hugging the life out of me .

"I know kristoff texted saying that he had and you were alright , but I was still was worried ." I pushed him away a bit noticing some tears streaming down his face . That was a sight to see cause Michael rarely cries .

"It's ok Michael I'm fine now. "

"No it's not ok kathryn . Don't you remember how hard we worked to stop you on the alcohol . I can't go down that road again , I can't loose another sister ." He said as he pulled me back into a hug, holding  me as if I'll disappear . Tears started streaming down my face after hearing his sobs . I can't believe I'm such a bitch .

After our crying I headed upstairs , showered , brushed and changed  then head back down to see Michael already changed as well ,talking to someone on the phone .

"Ah yes thank you for the reminder." He replied and hanged up the phone . As if noticing my presence he asked .

"Oh  your finished do you want to eat breakfast first or hear what I have to remind you ?"

"Reminder first then breakfast. "

"Well your recipes that had been chosen from The Adriana Foundation called to remind you that their event is this Saturday coming , it's for a brunch and dinner thing ."

"What! that's so awesome !" I am so happy that people are going to taste my cooking . I couldn't contain my happiness.

"I know that's great Kathryn , I'm happy  for you ."  

"We should celebrate with everyone at the cafe . Let's go - wait . Where is Sarah ?" I haven't seen her since I came . She's normally the one up early . I looked up at Michael seeing his reaction change into one of sadness.

"U-uh  she's not here ."

"Oh is she at the cafe already ?"

"No, I yelled at her last night " Now I was confused , why would he yell at her .

"Why ?"

"Because she convinced you into going with that kristoff and having you end up drinking ."

Wow I'm such a selfish bitch .

Kristoff's p.o.v

I got home from work to tired to do anything . Walking up the stairs and into my room . The first thing I notice is the  made up bed , then there's no broken ceramic on the floor .

Who cleaned my room ?

I maybe rich but I don't need a maid to clean up after me 24/7 . I walked back downstairs and saw my parents in the living room .

Wait what are they doing here ?

"What are you guys doing here ?" I must've startled my mom , cause she jumped off my dad's lap , spilling her tea all over her .

"Ahh kristoff what in the world are you doing ? Coming in here scaring me like that ." She said while taking napkins and drying herself off .

"Well for starters it's my house and I don't think you should be here scaring me like that ."

"Is that how you talk to the person who gave birth to you ? No . So come give Mommy a hug and tell her how much you missed her."
I walked up to her , a big smile on my  face and engulfed her in a hug . She still smelled liked vanilla and honey . Her hugs are the same , warm and safe .

"Yes mommy I missed you . "

"Aww mommy missed you too . And I brought your favourite cookies plus cleaned your room ."

"You didn't have to do that ."

"Yes I did but what happened in there, is that why you have bandages on your forehead ?"

"Don't worry I'll tell you later but first I want cookies ."

"Oh why don't you tell him why you dragged me here instead of spoiling him ."  My dad said cutting us off .

"Oh Sebastian quit it you know that you wanted to come ."

"Whatever you say Josephine ."

"Yeah well thank you for reminding me about why we are here honey . Anyway I came here to remind you that we chose the cook for The Adriana Foundation . "

"Oh really is he or she that good of a cook . " This is my event but my mom does the planning really well , especially when it comes  to the food she's not easy on you .

"Yep , she got some great recipes ."

"So what's her name ?" I asked as I  headed to the kitchen to get some cookies . She followed behind me not wanting to shout and wake up my dad who fell asleep .

Yes her name is " I drowned out what she said after seeing the cookies .