three

october 17

luke's leg bounced up and down as he kept checking the clock above the classroom's door.

32 seconds

he was supposed to be finishing his math homework but instead he was worrying.

26 seconds

after class, luke was planning to finally, finally ask estrella out on a date.

19 seconds

he was absolutely terrified of the possible rejection.

11 seconds

his hands began to shake as he put away his notes and homework, thinking how this could ruin their friendship.

6 seconds

luke wiped his sweaty hands on the cool fabric of his black jeans, thinking that this wasn't a good idea.

2 seconds

or maybe they would turn into something great.

0 seconds

the bell rung, signalling the end of the class period.

"hey, estrella," luke tapped her shoulder as she began to put away her notes and homework.

"yeah, luke?" she turned around and gave luke her full attention, being the charismatic person she was.

and luke almost froze, almost changed his mind, because estrella's stare was way too overwhelming when he was a nervous wreck over her.

almost.

"uh, i'm- um, i was wondering if maybe, maybe we could, like, hang out after school... like, kinda like a date?" luke stuttered, making his cheeks warm up.

luke saw a hesitant look cross her face, a flash of uneasiness in her eyes.

you're an idiot, an idiot, idiot, idiot, luke mentally screamed at himself, his cheeks feeling extremely hot. he was about to stand up and say nevermind when the biggest simle appeared on estrella's lips.

"yes, luke, i would love to," she finally replied (it probably took ten seconds, but to luke, it felt like an eternity), "i'll meet you at the front of the school. i absolutely can't wait." then she stood up, placed a kiss on luke's cheek, and walked out, looking over her shoulder once to wave at him.

luke stayed in his seat, surprised and nervous and happy. he stayed there until there was two minutes left of passing period. he didn't have time to go back to his locker to get his second period things, and he had to run to his next class.

but luke could not stop smiling.

hello! sorry it took 6482847 years to update but don't worry, I'm not gonna leave this unfinished. I have a notebook where I wrote this story, and I finished it sunday night! all I have to do is write the epilogue, and it'll be officially finished. and I have to actually upload the chapters lol. I hope you've had an amazing day and thank you so so so much for reading!:)