two ✔

NOTES
- VCE is a certificate you get if you successfully complete grade 11 and 12 in victoria, aus. you need it for pathways to tertiary education
- ATAR is similar to AP

tw: alcohol consumption

Kim College is an independent, partially selective P-12 school in Victoria, Australia that consists of approximately 1000 students. Despite being established a little over two years ago, it has been nationally recognised and labelled as the 'Ultimate Tertiary Education Preparation School' due to its extremely high level of education and creative freedom. In 2018, approximately 80% of Kim College graduates obtained an ATAR score of 90 or above. They were accepted into some of the top universities due to their incredible academic performance and a good number of them have earned scholarships, too. These graduates seldom struggle when pursuing their diplomas or degrees because they've been trained to adapt to a university-like environment during their final three years of high school.

The school has three divisions: junior school (preschool–grade 6), middle school (grade 7–9), and senior school (grade 10–12). Junior and middle school students are assigned to a particular classroom which they'll remain in throughout the year because their curriculum consists of only the 8 core subjects which include english, mathematics, science, health and physical education, technology, humanities, languages, and arts. While junior school students have only the core subjects, middle school students have the opportunity to select from a variety of specialist programs—including culinary arts, film, aviation, and many more—which are held before or after school. Senior school students, on the other hand, have to select their own subjects from over 90 subjects offered by the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) curriculum, therefore they don't have fixed classrooms. The only mandatory subject is English.

In terms of dress code, all students are required to wear the official Kim College uniform to school everyday. They're also required to use the official school bag instead of a random bag of their choice. There was no dress code when the school first opened but because some students had very questionable choices in fashion, Taehyung had a uniform designed and established a uniform/dress code policy. It's quite strict because makeup has been banned (with the exception of lip balm), accessories must be kept at a minimal amount, hair that's longer than shoulder-length must be tied up, unnatural hair colours aren't allowed, and shoes have to be black. Any student who fails to meet dress requirements will be kept in detention during breaks.

Students will have assignments, tests, and end of semester exams which count towards their final grade. Each assignment has a deadline and if the work is not submitted by that date, there's a penalty of 10% per day until it's submitted. Students are only allowed extensions if they have a valid reason to request one and they must provide supporting documents such as a medical certificate. Most assignments are submitted electronically through the student portal on the Kim College website but there are some assignments which are submitted physically. Only middle school and senior school students have exams.

The high level of education and wide range of subjects that Kim College offers has attracted international students as well and many wealthy families from overseas have sent their kids to study here. At least 65% of the students that attend this school are international students and, due to this high number of foreign students, the chairman bought a decent size of land nearby and had a dormitory built just recently. Even some domestic students who travel a long distance are renting rooms and the establishment of this building is only bringing in more students. It's great for the chairman's bank account.

Ah, yes, the chairman. He's also the founder and principal of Kim College. His name is Kim Taehyung. He had a vision which he spent years trying to execute. Many told him he's crazy or he's in way over his head but he never let their pessimism and negativity affect his strong work ethic. He was goal-oriented and he stopped at nothing to achieve his desired result. That's how he established this school at such a young age—he worked hard. But he also comes from a wealthy family and money is crucial to the establishment of an organisation or institution. He could manage up to 70% of the costs using his family's wealth but he needed a loan for the remaining 30% or so. Now his bank account has daily deposits of large sums and even though over 50% of his earnings go to bills, salaries, and other costs, he still has thousands of dollars.