1.3

🎵 luv note - Chloe Moriondo 🎵

The crickets chirp and the leaves rustle as she swings quietly in the corner of Gale’s massive backyard. After some scouting, she had found a lonely garden swing behind a wall of greenery, free of the stumbling drunks from the party, and had decided to settle herself in it to get away from the irritating cacophony they called music.

Despite Gale’s house vibrating from the noise just a few feet away, her little corner was surprisingly calm and gave her a peace of mind, allowing her thoughts to freely wander about.

Mavis closes her eyes and tilts her head back, taking in a deep breath of fresh air she didn’t know her lungs were craving for.

I should’ve just said no. I could be at home right now, cuddled in, reading a book, or maybe even writing something. If only-

“What you doing there?”

His deep voice yanks her awake.

She stares wide eyed at him.

Jace only returns her a smug smirk and a light chuckle.

“Daydreaming?”

“Actually…” she points to the dark sky, “just dreaming.”

“Ah, of course.” He smiles and sits down next to the clever girl.

She notices the almost empty solo cup in his hand.

“How many have you had?”

“Too many to count.” He downs the rest of his drink and tosses the useless cup away.

“What you doing out here all by yourself?” his eyes are droopy but they never fail to take time and stare at her when talking.

She gives a shrug and hugs her arms closer to her chest; a thing the girl does whenever a shiver of embarrassment goes through her.

“I’m not really one to party.” She tucks a loose strand of brown hair behind her ear.

He smiles at her innocence.

A girl like you shouldn’t really be alone on a night like this.

An awkward silence hovers over both persons. One drunk and clueless to the anxiety attack persisting in the girl beside him, and the other fumbling over words to say to fill in the uncomfortable space between herself and the boy she has feelings for.