2.2

🎵 Out of Love - Alessia Cara🎵

They remain half-naked underneath her sheets, him shirtless and her wearing his t-shirt.

He caresses the bone of her hip as she digs herself deeper into the crook of his warm neck, inhaling the memories of last night's party: of smoke and of alcohol. They remain silent, bathing in the cold of her room as the sun tries to break in through her window with its uncomfortable warmth. He hums an aimless tune, almost like a lullaby to put her to sleep, and continues on with his soft touches as she feels the goose bumps his rough fingertips leaves.

The silence comforts the two. It brings them memories from the past when they were the couple they once were, but looking at their situation now, things never panned out like they thought it would.

He teasingly pinches the soft skin under his fingers and she slaps him on the chest, whining about the slight sting he left behind on her skin.

His chest rumbles as he chuckles, and her sleepy form can’t help but bounce along with the vibrations.

"I was just checking if you still had It." he smirks down at her pouting face.

"It's a tattoo, it's sort of permanent." She mumbles against his skin.

The hand she laid resting on his chest mindlessly makes its way to the back of his neck, just above a pairing image of the one tattooed on her hip.

A rekindled friendship, a lively night, and a few bottles of beer resulted in the beautiful inked scars on their skin. His a dagger and hers a rose, both radiant yet dangerous, both what they saw each other as.

"For all I know you could have had it removed."

"With what money?"

"Fine then, peeled it off?"

Another retort meets him, but this time it’s a soft bite on his neck.

He gulps down a groan.

As much as I’d love to, Jackie, not now, I just want to stay like this with you.

"Feisty much."

She covers the pain she caused with a soft peck and a small smile that he could feel form against his skin.

Cold and hot is all he can feel.

"Why, do you want me to get rid of it?"

She looks up at him with those bewitching eyes of hers and he can't help but drown in them for a moment, remembering the very first time he ever saw them this up close; the very first time they ever lost their first kiss.

"No, never."

Her smile widens and he can’t resist meeting his lips with hers, performing that famous sweet dance between them, thanking the heavens above that their lips haven’t forgotten the steps despite the amount of time they have spent apart from each other.