Chapter 8

Peter Parker went to school the next day with the thought of where could the Hydra girl possibly be

Peter Parker went to school the next day with the thought of where could the Hydra girl possibly be. She's obviously afraid of Hydra and what they are capable of if she's being made to hurt all those people.

Peter was in such deep thought that he hadn't even noticed that his best friend had sat down next to him at the lunch table "Dude did you hear about the party this Saturday?"

Ned watched as his friend stared blankly ahead with his head resting on his hand.

Ned tried calling his name but Peter still didn't notice him. Ned sighed and picked up one of his grapes from his lunch bag and threw it at Peter's face.

Peter's head shot towards his best friend and glared at him "Why'd you do that?"

Ned shrugged and popped a grape on his mouth "You were day dreaming again"

Peter didn't say anything as he say back in his chair and played with a loose thread on his jumper "Is it about your girlfriend?"

Peter's head shot up at Ned's teasing comment "S-She is not my girlfriend"

Ned laughed "But you want her to be don't you?"

Peter's phone vibrating on the table stopped Peter for coming up with an answer without stuttering. Peter picked it up and read the text from Happy that said come to the back entrance.

Peter quickly grabbed his stuff and stood up "I uh have to go, cover for me in gym" with that he shot out of the room and practically ran down the hall to the back of the school.

He shoved the doors opened and came face to face with Happy "What's wrong?"

Happy gestered towards the very familiar black car "Just come with me"

○○○

The Avengers compound was deadly quiet which is unusual as there is someone always walking the halls. Peter walked towards the briefing room where Happy told him that Tony would be in there.

The door was ajar when he reached it and stopped when he saw what was on the monitor inside.

"Oh my God" Peter rushed into the room and over to the monitor. His surprising appearance made Tony jump not expecting him here.

Peter could feel the anger bubbling up inside him "what did you do to her?"

"I didn't do anything" Peter threw his hand towards the screen where the unconscious girl lay on a bed "Then who did huh?"

"I did" Peter's head shot up towards the familiar voice, not noticing the third person in the room until now.

Peter's eyes widened as Natasha Romanoff stepped forward to make herself known.

Last time Peter had saw the Black Widow it was when she helped Captain America and Bucky Barnes escape the airport in Berlin.

She looked at the boy and and then at Tony who didn't look happy to have her here, most probably because she's now a criminal as she went against him "Before you get angry that Parker is here but I needed him here"

So she was the one that sent Happy to go get him.

When neither of them spoke Natasha reached into her pocket and took out a memory stick. She held it tight in her hands as she walked over to the computer "I knew this was going to get out of hand"

"Why did you lock that file?" Natashsa sighed and turned to them both "When I made all of Hydra public that was when I found out that they had her. I couldn't let them have all that leverage on her so I hid that file."

Tony learnt against the table and crossed his arms "Why are you protecting her?"

Natasha put the USB in and opened the file. A pictute of a young girl maybe 5 years old with red hair popped up onto the screen "Because she was under the protection by S.H.I.E.L.D"

Peter stepped closer to have a better look at all the information on the screen. It looks like S.H.I.E.L.D kept tabs on this girl up until she was 10 then it stopped as if she vanished.

Peter felt someone stand next to him so he glanced to his left to see Tony looking at the information as well "Why was S.H.I.E.L.D interested in her?"

"Because of her powers. She is very powerful and I don't think she even knows how powerful she really is"

Peter went back to the other screen where the girl was still unconscious in what looks like a holding cell "how do you know so much about her?"

"Becuase Fury hired me to keep an eye on her. He didn't want to keep her locked up her whole life. For years I followed her around making sure she was safe and when she was ready I was gonna approach her"

Peter faced Natasha after she stopped. She looked upset. "What happened?"

"Hydra got to her before I did. I keeping thinking that maybe if I got there first she wouldn't be how she is now"

Natasha walked over to Tony and stood in front of him "She is just a kid Tony, a kid that they are using to get what they want"

Tony looked at his old friend then towards the girl that willingly gave herself up "What's her name?"

Natasha smiled "Freya"