XIV. Memory and reminiscence

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, neither Love o2o and the novel.

*Patisserie: pastry shop

***

"So Marinette is madly in love with Adrien Agreste... this is going to be a problem." Colette is hiding behind the trees in the Informatics garden, spying on the conversation between Théo and Marinette. She had gone to the library to return some books from Lila and was surprised to see Marinette leaving the place. It wasn't the fact that she was studying until so late that surprised her, Marinette was known for how applied she was in her studies (something that also bothered her); what surprised her was that instead of heading down the shortest path to the girls' dorms, a detour was taken along another path. If her memory is correct, the Informatics Department was on that path and the curiosity didn’t let her contain herself in going to follow her. When she reached the faculty, she was surprised a second time to see Théo from Journalism waiting for her with some gifts. Not to be seen, she hid behind the nearest tree with her back glued to it. In this way she couldn’t see anything, but if she was discovered she could run and not face them. She didn't need to see, she just had to listen carefully to the boy's obvious statement.

What would she answer? Yes? No? If she accepted, she wouldn't have to worry about the matter between Adrien and Lila, and Marinette was a friend of the brunette with glasses... Alya? That was her name. Colette had noticed the looks Nino was throwing every time he saw her pass. She searched at the university forum and found no information, but it was obvious that Nino had a certain affection for her... She didn't know exactly what it was, but she didn't want the two of them to start talking, or even worse, dating. She had seen him first, she loved him since her year of General Studies and was not going to allow another girl to steal him. It’s true that two years had passed, but all his time was consumed by Lila's errands. That spoiled princess, if it weren’t for the surname Rossi she wouldn’t have to endure it and impersonate being her friend. Surely she could be Nino’s girlfriend by now!

Before her imagination kept flying, she heard Marinette's negative response. She is not that surprised, with all the photos scandal. Maybe she shouldn't have encouraged Théo to upload those photos...

She was about to leave so she wouldn't get into trouble when she heard the blue-haired declare her love for Adrien Agreste with a strange tone. Was she nervous? The girl began to praise the prince and with every comment her voice became sharper. It wasn’t good that she rejected him, but she likes Adrien too? She had never shown any signs of that. In any case Colette needed to tell Lila now...

She waited for Marinette to say goodbye and get away enough to get out of her hiding spot. After a few minutes of total silence, she turned back to see if anyone else was left. All she saw was Théo with the bouquet of flowers in his hands and with his eyes on the ground, as if he had seen a ghost. To annoy him a little, she approached him with small leaps and let out a few laughs. Theo upon realizing her presence, looked away and began to pick up the balloons ignoring her.