XXIII. A date, a relationship?

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, either Love O2O and the novel.

***

Marinette and Adrien walked to the restaurant that the blond had mentioned. It was midday and the sun was shining just above their heads, but the weather was pleasant.

Marinette didn't doubt that Adrien was ChatNoir, or that ChatNoir was Adrien, but her surprise at such revelation still didn't allow her to feel comfortable. The two walked side by side in the same direction with the same passing speed; however, among them, there was a remarkable distance of at least five feet. The blue-haired girl, with her eyes glued to the floor, looked sideways at the blond. In those three seconds, she noticed that the young Agreste maintained a neutral expression. She couldn't know if he was happy, upset or worried. She also didn't know if he was surprised to meet her. How did he recognize her so fast? Surely he thought she was Ladybug because she was the only woman nearby... But why does she seem to be the only one nervous?

Marinette watches him secretly and looks more at the facial features of the blond: radiant skin like the sun, a pronounced jaw and the tufts of hair that flew perfectly by the light breeze made him look like a model taken from a magazine.

The blond, on the other hand, was aware of Marinette's not-so-subtle looks. Although he tried to keep a serious expression, he couldn't make a slight smile on his face disappear since the moment of the encounter.

In less than fifteen minutes they reached the restaurant chosen by Adrien and sat at one of the tables by the window. Even though it was still a little early for lunch, there were a few tables occupied in the large place and only the background music was heard. In front of both, right in the middle of the table, different oriental dishes had been served by the owner of the restaurant.

"I've known the madam since I was a child," Adrien explained when the owner walked away after serving them kindly. "I came here to eat with my family several times, and every time I don't want to eat in the cafeteria I come here."

Marinette feels more relaxed when she hears the little stories from him. For a while she has been with the head of the phrase 'ChatNoir is Adrien Agreste, Adrien is ChatNoir', and she didn't know how to talk to him as she usually did by chat.

"The food looks delicious, I don't doubt the taste either."

Adrien smiles with her response and the two begin to serve. Marinette also notices the slight smell of medicinal herbs that comes from the bowl of soup requested by Adrien.

"Does the food have medicinal herbs?"

"In this soup, yes. My father is forcing me to drink medicinal broth all month due to the accident."

She simply nods while eating what has been served. "Professor Agreste? I've had classes with him."

"Did you ever fall asleep?"

Marinette is surprised by the question. The teacher's classes were known to be somewhat boring, but definitely, nobody dared to sleep in his class.

"No... although his classes are very academic, they are pretty good..."

"I also take his classes." Adrien smiles at her "You don't need to force yourself to say good things about his classes."

"Oh, true! Once I sat next to you in one of his classes."

"I know."

Marinette this time is confused 'I know?' What does he mean by that?

Before she could ask, Adrien has again served another portion on her plate. The two exchange glances and eat in a comforting silence.