XXVIII. Gifts and rewards

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, either Love o2o and the novel.

"I love it."

"Really? With only this version, can you already say that?"

"Well of course."

Marinette was sitting in front of the monitor on Adrien's desk, while she answered the blonde without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Although it's a beta version, it has many elements that I would like Miraculous to have."

After the small moment between the two, not counting the long hug that followed, the two separated and decided to study and work for at least a while. Within two hours Marinette had finished her homework when Adrien motioned for her to sit down. The first version of the game that Lucky Charm was developing to compete against Neo Akuma was open on the monitor.

Competing against Neo Akuma? I heard from Alya that they went to the company to sign a contract..."

"...it's a little more complicated than that."

After explaining the situation to her, Marinette kept thinking. She couldn't believe that Neo Akuma had treated them like this. Although Adrien didn't seem to be very nervous...

"You don't have to worry," Adrien's face quickly changed from warm to cold. "They're not going to get away with it, I won't allow it."

A small shiver ran down the spine of the blue-haired girl and at the same time she blushed with the closeness of their faces. That cold gaze would have left thousands of afraid girls unable to speak, why were her face warming and her heart racing? Calm down Marinette! This is serious business!

She nods and suddenly comes the memory of something important.

"Ah! Yesterday we met to talk about ZAG Studios' call, but in the end, there was no time."

Marinette told her from the start about the video offer and Adrien listened carefully. By the end of the story, Adrien had leaned back on the desk next to her.

"So? For me it's fine to sell the video, but if you prefer to use it for something else I can reject the offer."

Adrien shook his head. "It's not necessary, it's a video we made for Miraculous after all." Adrien left the desk to go to one of the shelves in the office were coffee pot was. "Don't worry about the others either, you can take the money ZAG offers you and keep it."

Marinette saw Adrien's profile amused. "Are you speaking as their representative?" she giggled a little. "Even if you tell me that, I can't just keep everything."

Adrien seemed to think about it a bit. "Consider it a gift from me then. You can do whatever you want with the reward."

Marinette slightly puffed out one of her cheeks upon hearing the blonde's response. "You know you don't have to fill me with gifts, right?"