XXI. Friendship and courage

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, either Love o2o and the novel.

A few hours before the competition...

"So, Nino and I are going to check the new office and you two continue with the plan I just told you." Adrien finishes speaking pointing at Luka and Kim.

"Perfect! I have known you for so many years and I still don't know how you can think of these things.” Kim gets excited just thinking about the future.

"All I know is that it's better to have Adrien as an ally than as an enemy." Nino laughs at the memory of the first encounter between them. “How many years have already passed? Four?"

"Yes, at the end of this semester it will be about four years..." Luka also becomes melancholic. "I still remember when I thought Adrien was a helpless shy boy."

“How could we forget? But that thought only lasted for a few minutes.”

Kim grimaces as he looks sideways at the blond. “Of course, it was in the designation of dorms in General Studies. You proposed to divide the tasks according to the game skill of each one. You beat everyone and in the end, you didn't even want the title of manager and gave it to me.”

“I just wanted the below cabin bed. Besides, being in charge is a lot of extra work.” Adrien replied with a mocking smile.

“That's what you said that day! I can't believe you fooled me with your face… I used to think you were innocent, now I see pure evilness…”

The boys laugh at the sight of Kim whispering to himself. The four guys met at the moving day to the dorms, a few days before the start of the year of General Studies. Nino, Luka and Kim presented themselves cheerfully and Adrien introduced himself at the end just saying his name and career. Due to his initial attitude, the other three thought he was a reserved or shy boy and when he proposed to play the game, they thought he was one of those boys who live in the world of video games. Without judging of course, because they all discovered that they played the same game. After the game's competitions, their concept of Adrien changed completely. He was not only good at games, but he was also the best; he wasn't shy, he just made his plans in silence and overall, he wasn't modest: he loved to show off his qualities playfully. With that, the three boys decided to follow him and quickly became friends, and finally business partners of their own company. Adrien usually doesn't show or say much about his feelings (thanks, Gabriel Agreste) but that didn't mean he didn't appreciate his friends. He wouldn't say it out loud, but he wouldn't change these three for anything in the world (and he knew they felt the same too).

A little smile was drawn on the blonde’s face as he remembered the past and addressed them: “We still have some time before we leave, how about we compete for a while in Miraculous Voyage? Whoever wins can choose his place in the new office.”

The only thing he heard in response was the growls of his friends.

***