XXIV. Small revenge

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, either Love O2O and the novel.

***

"Bro, you arrived!"

"Bro, you arrived!"

Nino called the blond when he saw that he was coming through one of the entrances and was surrounded by his admirers. With the help of some members of the basketball club, he managed to disperse the crowd back to their seats so that Adrien went with the rest of the team. A little away from the rest, Luka and Nino stared at him.

"So? Where's your date? "The brunette asks, looking at the audience.

"She ran away."

"Ran away?"

Despite saying that, Adrien is smiling looking at the audience. When he turns to see them, both friends have been staring at him waiting for an explanation, so he decides to play a little.

"You scare her away."

Nino rolled his eyes with that answer. "Us? But I'm really handsome, besides, my girlfriend is here. You know who she is, but I wanted to introduce her to Kim since he doesn't stop bothering me, although he said she wasn't coming because she had to go buy some things for a job. I called him as soon as you said that you would bring your date and he replied that he would come soon. But I doubt he arrives, he was more than an hour from here." Nino told him and his face changed to a different one. It seemed that he had an idea. "Since your date ran away, how about I ask Alya to introduce you to her friends? Her best friend is Marinette, you know, the beauty of our faculty. The other two are also in computation."

Who would say that even if they didn't play the same game, they might have known each other because of common friendships? Although, if he didn't know who Marinette was, maybe he wouldn't have accepted. But today he won't accept either. He would introduce Marinette to them, not vice versa.

Adrien refused and went with the rest of the team to greet them and see the order in which they would play.

Five minutes later, the match between Sciences and Language began.

***

The boys he's talking to now, are they his roommates? Maybe they are the guys of the clan? I just remember that Nino was part of his group of friends...

Marinette wondered after calming down and slowing her heartbeat. When Adrien stared at her, the scene in which she runs away from him quickly appears in her memories and she can't help feeling a little embarrassed.

"Who do you think Adrien stared at?" Rose asks out loud. "It seemed he saw in this direction."

Marinette said nothing, preferring to listen to her friends before saying something that would take them by surprise.