nick #1

{ mail for nick, who is a babe }

a cold, hard wind blows into your face and you huddle closer into nick's coat.

"i can't believe they make you load up the instruments," you say to him, staring at his hunched back as he re-clasps roger's case.

"i can't say anything. i volunteered to do it," he groans and straightens. he wipes his hands on his pants and shuts the van's doors, moving close to you and holding tight to your arm. "let's hurry inside. i can't stand this."

"they could at least help you." you guide the two of you into the apartment landing and shut the door harshly. nick gives you a look in the dim, bluish light.

"i appreciate you defending my honor, sir knight, but it's my own fault." his cheeks are flushed with blood and his hair is tousled.

you narrow your eyes at him. "you're always so apt to make fun of me."

"mmm, it's my favorite past-time," he pecks your nose, lips warm and tender on the cold tip, and you laugh at the sensation.

"sure," you say. you grab his freezing hand, fingers callused and familiar as you lace your own through them. you tug him up the narrow stairs. "i hope syd made some of his world famous hot cocoa for us."

nick snickers, the noise tickling at the skin on the back of your neck, and sighs, "i hope roger didn't drink it all."

and it's your turn to giggle.