david #2

{ mail for all you gilmour lovers out there (requests are open btw) }

david is singular in the studio when you find him toying with his strat; it's been a long day and you've been waiting to meet him since you left work. you were surprised when you returned to an empty home but any shock vanished with your phone call to rick. of course, you think, standing behind the glass of the control room.

his hair sways as he moves his head and bends to hold the guitar tightly to him. his fingers work the frets and the pick-ups and your gaze floats between the two. an artist at work. a small smile trips your lips as his noodling comes to a close.

you press the small button on the mixing panel and murmur, "encore?"

his head shoots up and he nearly drops the strat. you both grimace as it almost leaves his hands and you hurry to join him in the recording studio.

"it's alright," he reassures at the sight of your outstretched hands and raised brows. the guitar sits comfortably in his lap. sometimes you think he likes it more than he likes you. "now, what are you doing here?"

"i came to see you," you touch his shoulder. "how was today? rick sounded rather bummed on the phone."

david shakes his head, accompanied with a roll of his eyes. "you know how it is." he switches the amp off and unplugs the guitar before setting it in its case.

"with him and all?" you step aside and wait for david to grab his coat.

a little chuckle leaves his mouth. "yes, with him and all." he begins to walk with you to the door, shutting off the light before he leaves and locking the recording room up. upstairs, where your feet thud against the wood floors, you say goodnight to the lingering producers and security guard and file onto the street.

"he needs some other sort of outlet. wasn't he doing pottery in architecture school?"

the streetlights leave muddied circles on the sidewalk and if you were by yourself you'd be afraid in the nighttime quietness of wednesday. david's footsteps mimic yours as he grabs your waist and pulls you to him.

he scoffs lightly before answering, "hell if i know. he probably just needs a good lay."

you snicker like a child. "gross."

"gross," david teases. in the next halo of light he wrinkles his nose at you.

"i know it's only been a day, but i've missed you." you squirm your hand from between your bodies and pat it against his back.

"oh, i feel the same. did you get take-out?"

"it's waiting for us on the counter."

"ahh. and this," he gives a peck to your cheek, "is why i love you."

turning the corner onto your street of houses and pausing, you take the moment to sweep his hair from his face and plant a return kiss to his jaw.  "i hope that's not the only reason."