XI

Monday Morning, 16th of September

Amaya

          I watched silently as the door to my room opened and Christopher walked in with my breakfast. Unlike yesterday, he actually brought my breakfast on time, 11:30AM. Christopher walked over, placing the toast and orange juice on my bedside table.

          "Can you stay today?" I asked, making him stop in his tracks before he could turn to walk to the door. He looked down at me, a blank look etched across his face.

          "Whatever." He huffed, sitting on the opposite side of my bed as I reached over for my breakfast.

          "Good morning by the way, have you already had breakfast?" I questioned, biting into my toast which I could tell had cheese, tomato and pepper. I smiled at the taste, resulting in a questioning look from Christopher that I ignored.

          "I ate." He stated in a tone just as blank as the expression on his face.

          "Do you have any plans for today?" I continued, ignoring the fact that he clearly didn't care about what I was saying.

          "I'm a gang leader, what the fuck do ya' expect me to be doin'? Like damn, it's the same shit just a different day." He answered, annoyance filling his tone.

          "So you don't do anything fun, at all?" I raised my eyebrows at him, wondering what a man with so much money did in his spare time.

          "Like what?" He asked, in a tone of anger as if he expected me to already know that answer.

          "I don't know what gang leaders do. Go clubbing, hang out with friends, go out to eat at fancy restaurants, go on vacations?" I listed different things to which he rolled his eyes at.

          "I already go clubbin'. Ion' do the rest of that shit." He gave the answer in which I assumed he'd say. I frowned, tilting my head to the side as my eyes scanned his face.

          "You have so much money and time on your hands, why is your life so boring?" I took a sip of my orange juice as he threw his head back with an annoyed huff.

          "Ion' need to spend my money. Ion' like people. Ion' trust people and that's that. Why do you care so much about what I be doin'?"He questioned, only making me smile at him.

          "I don't know, just to see what the life of a gang leader was like. Some of what you say are things I expected but I genuinely didn't expect your life to be so boring." I shrugged, looking down at my half finished toast.

          "My life ain't borin', trust me lil' girl. If you knew half the shit that went on in my life, you'd take everythin' ya' said back. I'm a gang leader, you said it yourself. A lot of shit goes on in my life." I nodded, listening intently to what he was saying.

          "Alright Mr Gang Leader, why don't you tell me what goes on in your life because at the moment, it seems boring and uneventful." I spoke up, a smirk making it's way onto my face.

          "God damn you just love to know everythin'. What the fuck are you? The feds?" He asked, anger making it's way onto his face. I laughed, shaking my head at him,

          "No. I just want to know about you, is that so bad?" I asked, eating my toast as I tried to stop a smile from making it's way onto my face at his obvious anger.

          "Yeah it is. Ion' want you to know shit but if you really must know, let's just say there's a lot of death and wars." He rolled his eyes as he spoke, to which I nodded.

          "I already know that." I sighed, shaking my head as I placed my empty plate on my bedside table.

         "Then why the fuck did ya' ask if you already knew? God damn, you mad annoyin'." He groaned, standing up."I'm leavin', this shit is too borin' for me to stay any longer." He spoke up after a few seconds, walking over to collect my bowl and cup.

          "Well then, goodbye. I hope I see you again." I smiled, watching him turn to me with a disgusted look.

          "Whatever bitch." He said before walking out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

          I sighed, shaking my head at the way he spoke. I knew he didn't like me and I knew he didn't want me here but all the names he calls me aren't necessary. It made me think about his past and how he was raised. Was he born into a family of gang leaders? Did something lead him to be who he is today?

          I shook my head, ridding myself of the thoughts as I grabbed my laptop, starting on a project for work which was due tomorrow.