XXVIII

Saturday Morning, 13th of November

Amaya

          I sat in front of Christopher, watching as he stared down at his drink which was a Caramel Macchiato. He stirred it around slowly, not actually mixing anything into the drink. As always, I could tell that something was on his mind but I decided not to bring anything up just yet.

          I took a sip of my Iced Coffee, looking around the quiet cafe. Although there were a good amount of people here, it was fairly silent as customers whispered amongst themselves. I could feel the eyes on Christopher and I, as well as hear slight comments about us. I'm sure that it was a shock to everyone to see Christopher out with a girl and not yelling or being violent in any way.

          "I know that you know somethin's on my mind." Christopher's voice made me turn my head to him in a split second, a smile making it's way onto my face.

          "Of course I do, you know that already." Christopher chuckled silently, shaking his head at my remark.

          "Why haven't you asked what I'm thinkin' 'bout?" He questioned, a confused look on his freckled face.

          "I don't want you to feel forced or pressured to tell me everything. There's some things you just don't tell people and although we are dating, I don't expect you to spill your whole life story out to me. We have time...I have time. You can say what's on your mind when you're ready." I explained and immediately, a smile stretched across Christopher's face. 

         He pearl white teeth practically sparkled in the light of the morning sun. All his features were much more noticeable and I couldn't help but coo at how adorable he looked in his big orange jumper. He almost resembled a child, if it wasn't for the goatee, tattoo's and piercings which he never attempted to hide.

          "You are literally perfect." I blushed at his words, giggling as I looked down at my drink. I felt like a high school girl getting complimented by her crush for the first time, all giggly and shy.

          "No one is perfect Christopher but thank you anyways, babe." A shiver ran down my spine at how casually the word 'Babe' rolled off my tongue. 

          "Me too." Christopher said, making me give him a confused look.

          "You too, what?" I questioned, making Christopher chuckle lightly as he looked down.

          "It's weird now that we're datin'. I mean, I feel like that. It's just that I ain't ever think I'd be able to be in anotha' relationship and here I am datin' the girl that I wanted to literally shred to pieces three months ago. Weird how fast shit changes, huh?" I laughed, shaking my head at his thoughts.

          "You're right, it is weird that we're dating but I love it, honestly. My intention wasn't to date you, it was to help you but as you said, here we are...dating." Another giggle passed my lips causing Christopher's smile to grow bigger than it already was.