Chapter one

My cousins think that I am an alien because I don't believe in love and love marriages. But I do believe in love for me love is loving your family, friends and cousins and this is the only description I know about love.

I am Areesha, 20 years old, I have done my graduation in Arts and love to sketch things.

I've never had a boy friend when I was sixteen a guy proposed to me but I refused him because I don't believe in love marriages and those fairy tales about the eternal love seriously I am not that kind of a girl.

I believe in arranged marriages. I think that most of our decisions about life were taken by our elders or parents and marriage is the most important one of them all, so it should be taken by my family because this is our culture.

We Muslim girls are not allowed to meet our fiancé before marriage so love marriages and link ups are the high limits for us. But nowadays nobody thinks like that instead of me I was brought up like this.

My brought up was very good my parents and my grandparents taught me my ethics very keenly. I wear modern clothes studied in co-education but I don't forget my culture and my ethics.

I usually woke up early in the morning. This is the only time in Karachi that you can breathe in fresh air as much as you can because after 9 O'clock it'll get polluted.

Karachi is the most biggest and the craziest city of Pakistan, it is called the city of lights though it's not because of load sheddings of electricity in many areas thanks to our politicians, but this city never sleeps and that's the best part.

I teach English Literature in a School and I just love my job. My mother Hoorain made me breakfast everyday she is a fantastic women and miraculously talented. There is nothing in this world that she can't fix. She is my angle and my life saver.

While having my coffee on the breakfast table I missed my brother, I had some flashbacks from our childhood. We used to eat together and talks a lot on the breakfast table. My brother's name is Ryan and he is in London studying his ass off even though I enjoy maximum attention of my parents but I miss my brother too, we grew up together, he is three years younger than me but I never treated him like an elder sister we are best friends.

I go to school by walk it's not too far from my apartment but today my father Ali dropped me there my father works in an advertising agency and he loves his work, he is a simple man with a great soul. He is a caring father and a loving husband.

********
The day went well in the school but something strange happened today, when I was walking back to my apartment with my colleague Sarah she lives in my apartments in block "C".

I saw a black BMW with tinted black glasses, parked across the street. I have seen that car before but where? When I came back home I was thinking about that car, When I enter my mum told me that my Best friend Arsal is coming back from Dubai.

OMG OMG OMG!!! I felt super excited I didn't see him since he left and it's been two years, Aww I missed him but thanks to Internet and I didn't feel alone. We spend our childhood together we studied together and he is bestest friend of mine, he is the only guy friend which I'm allowed to talk to. Arsal is the one who made me believe that a girl and a boy can actually be friends.

I go to my room which is basic and girlish; white bed with white sheet, hot pink walls with white curtains and two pink bean bags. I changed my dress and wore pair of blue jeans and a pink check shirt. I lie down in my bed and try to sleep but I couldn't sleep because of the curiosity, I couldn't stop thinking about that car. I've seen it somewhere but where?

When I failed to sleep I decided to call Arsal but he didn't answer my call probably sleeping or working. I set my phone on charging and switch on the television tune in the local music channel and started arranging my clothes in my closet.