Chapter 20

Areesha

I didn't blink for a minute and stare at the screen with tears in my eyes, doctor understated my baby it wasn't a dot it was bigger than a dot, I felt strange and then tears rolled down on my cheeks. That moment I terribly missed Nabeel.

"Healthy?" My first words after seeing the baby.

"Yes my child fetus is absolutely healthy. You were in a good care I must say." She assured me and then giggle on her very own joke.

That wasn't funny!!!

" Since when? I mean how come I didn't feel anything, my morning sickness started from yesterday and my tummy..." I stopped talking and place my hand on my tummy I felt a slight bump under my palm and that was it I was actually pregnant.

"You are almost 13 weeks pregnant and it happens sometime dear, there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes women start to puke since the day she conceives and sometimes they don't, it's natural, and as I say you were in good care."

I blink away my tears and adore my baby. I can't believe this it's my baby I've been carrying this baby for so long and didn't even know about it.

I remember how Nabeel used to feed me, he is the reason behind our child's health.

I told my doctor that I want to hide my pregnancy from my family and my relatives for sometime and she said she'll help me with that.

She gave me some multivitamins and food supplements because of the weakness I was feeling since one week. She also gave me the medicines to control the nausea and vomiting, I hid them in my bag.

When I was about to leave the clinic my doctor called me from behind, "Hey Areesha! Hope to see you soon with your husband. Stay safe and healthy"

I nodded with a smile and left the clinic hiding my ultrasound report.

Sunenan asked me few times on our way back home that what happened in the clinic and I ignored her question and asked her to be patient.

I lied to my parents that I was suffering from stomach disorder and now I am fine. I lied to my parents for the first time and it felt really bad.

After the dinner my parents asked me to stay for a while in the living room then they break the news on me, they wanted me to get a divorce from Nabeel.

"No, I will never do that." I exclaimed.

"Why?" My father stood up in anger.

I wanted to yell out loud that he is the father of my unborn child but I kept on looking down.

"Areesha I wanted to know why?" My father shouted at me.

"Because he saved my life, not once but twice, because he loves me like nobody ever did, because he's my husband and because I owe him that much." I shouted.

My father glared at me with anger but
I refused to obey his order we actually fought for the first time, I didn't know what was happening to me. I was becoming rebellious day by day.

I went in my room and cried a lot. I missed him like hell, I just wanted to see him, hug him and wanted to cry out loud on his shoulder. I heard a soft knock on my door, I wiped my tears and get the door.

Arsal was there, he always did this I don't know how he always knew that I am in trouble. I sighed with relief when I saw him and sat on my bed, Arsal sat on the sofa. He directly asked me about Nabeel and about those months which I've spent with him.

I told him everything about Nabeel, the way he saved me from Rashk and the way he surprised me several times. I also told him about the way I feel when I was with him. I only said positive things about him not a single word against him.

Arsal listened to my story without interrupting in between then he stood up and placed his hand on my head and said, "My dear best friend I thought you were kidkidnapped by him.

"Yes, I was but he's a nice person." I exclaimed.

"You're in love with him Areesha." He smiled and stepped back.

I didn't say anything at first just closed my eyes and asked myself, "Am I in love with him?" And I saw Nabeel's smiling face in front of me.

"I love him"

I said those words without opening my eyes and when I opened them I saw my best friend jumping like a kangaroo with excitement, he was like hurray-my-friend-believes-in-love-now...yeah! yeah! yeah!

After my crazy friend left, I locked my room and took out my sonography report from my bag and watched it for hours while lying on my bed. I placed my hand on my belly and decided to fight for my baby's right, I will go back to my husband as soon as possible.

I woke up early in the morning, I took my medicines and had a healthy breakfast for my child's sake. My mum was curious about my behavior but I ignored her.

I was sitting in my living room when I heard the door bell, nobody was there so I fetch the main door. I saw a similar face, it was Nabeel's driver on the door, he handed me an envelope and waited for me to see it.

I opened up the envelope anxiously, there were some papers in it and a note. I was shocked when I read those papers, those were divorce papers. I took out the note and try to read it my hands started shivering and my vision gets blurred because of tears.

The note was,

"Dearest wife,

I want you to know that I love you and always will. I assume that this is your final decision and I respect it. Please accept this beach house and this monthly allowance as my token of love or as my apology.

Your husband Nabeel"

There's no way that I'm gonna accept this nonsense now that I love him. Nabeel thinks that this was my last decision, there was some kind of a confusion. How dare he send me those divorce papers without asking me my point of view again, I'm gonna kill him for this stupidity.

"Where is he? " I asked the driver.

"At home ma'am." He replied.

"Wait for me in the car I'll just come. " I ordered the driver and went straight into my room to fetch my sonography report, without informing anyone in the house I left and this time I think it's forever.

It feels great to be in love, every second of a minute is like a punishment without him. I can't wait to see my first love and my darling husband and father of my unborn child.