The Journey

"Just this bus stop, Adelaide. Thank you." Logan murmured, pointing to a bus stop at the side of the road where pink, black and purple-black hoodies were stood in darkness. Adelaide smiled joyfully, continuing their conversation on Crofter's.

"I've got something for you." Adelaide chirped as Logan opened the door to get out. "For your vacation." Logan was handed three Crofter's jars: one strawberry, one blackcurrant and one raspberry. Logan thanked her and left the car.

"Crofter's!" The pastel hoodie almost shouted as Logan approached them. The blackcurrant was taken from his hand and automatically opened. "You sure you didn't reveal anything to that Adelaide?" Logan shook his hooded head.

"Madison was so nice!" The baby blue hoodie spoke, clapping his hands together. The four of them started to walk, they weren't sure where they were going to settle for the night, probably on the streets. "She had Haribos in the back of the car that she allowed me to eat, and we sang the whole journey there! All different ones - Disney, country, pop, musicals - it was so fun!" When the group had reached a small hidden pavement they placed their hoods down to reveal their identical faces to one another.

"Renee did the same. We belted out musicals together, quite cultured in her musicals she is." Roman laughed, brushing his hair with his fingers. "How was Sam, Virgil?"

"She's cool." Virgil murmured, walking on with his hood down. "We just chatted about - things - together. Insecurities. I didn't reveal anything about this though."

Patton took this opportunity on the hidden pavement to access Thomas' second phone. This second phone didn't work as well as Thomas' current phone, so was given to the Sides as a means of communication in case they got lost on their walks or, in Patton's case, access to the internet. Virgil looked to him, as the three of them had started to walk through the hidden pavement while chatting but Patton hadn't moved. "We have a place to stay!" He smiled.

"How? With anyone?"

"Yep. I contacted the dead policeman's family a few days ago. Found out in the car ride the policeman's parents live in Thomasville and they've offered their spare bedroom for as long as we need it." Patton smiled like a naive child or a dog that had done a trick, the rest of the Sides looking to each other for something to say in response.

"What have you told them?"

"There's four of us, we know who the Duke Killer is, and we know their next steps." Patton said clearly before walking in front of his friends towards the directions on his phone.

-----------

Thomas and Joan returned to their house in Gainsville after a long drive. It was very late at night, almost one o'clock, when they placed the car keys on the table. "I'm gonna head up." Joan mumbled, putting their hoodie off and yawning before climbing upstairs. Thomas nodded before his eyes widened slightly, realising the empty landing.

"Virgil? Logan? Roman? Patton?" Thomas called, walking around the first floor of the house. They should be sleeping. The Crofter's that was left on the doorstep was empty, Logan was just starting it as they left. "Check upstairs." Joan nodded, they might have taken advantage of the two free beds, but they soon returned to say the whole house was empty of the four Sides.

"Maybe they're back in your mind?" Joan asked as Thomas started taking heavy breaths, pacing back and forth. "Is there any way we could tell?"

"Sleeping." Thomas breathed, walking up the steps. He hadn't dreamt about the Sides ever since they arrived, even dreams of making the Sanders Sides videos didn't appear. Thinking logically, that's all they could do without money, they had to stay in the house. Unless, for some unknown reason, they had to escape. Ideas of Deceit and Remus scarred Thomas' thoughts as he went into his bedroom.

The wardrobe was left open. Maybe the Sides were hiding? Thomas peered through only to see nothing. He then looked at his collection of hoodies. Three were missing - pastel pink, black, and baby blue.

A/N - More fans have been included, only though it's only small, but you helped the Sides escape!