2 ∥Hebetude

.

Hebetude (n.) the state of being dull; lethargy

"Miss Choi,,,miss" she felt a breath tickled on her left side

"Miss Choi,,,miss" she felt a breath tickled on her left side. She shot up, straight. Scanning the quiet room, her gaze fell on a neat guy in suit.

"Oh, it's just you" she furrowed her eyebrows, feeling a pain on her head. "Has it already ended?" She stared at the man, curiosity filled on her mind. She hadn't realized she had fallen asleep in the meeting.

"Yes, about an hour ago" jieun nodded at his remark, trying to stand up with her still, throbbing headache. She lost balance and was about to fall, but her secretary, Jihoon was fast to hold her back.

"Miss, if you're not feeling well, you can just call the day off. I'll send you back" a worried gaze was visible on his face as his eyes pierced through the girl. "I'm fine" she told, not wanting the guy to worry. Jihoon doubted her words. He shifted his gaze on his hands, realizing his grasp that's still tightly around her shoulders.

He cleared his throat, feeling tensed by the awkward silence. "Sorry" he quickly pulled out his hands and hid them behind his back. Jieun shook her head, saying that it was no big deal.

"If there's nothing I can do, I'll be going back to my room" Jihoon bowed and walked away. His figure disappeared as jieun could feel a throbbing headache attacking her again. She fell on the seat she was sitting before, holding onto the paining part.

The clock struck 8 pm. Jieun packed the countless documents she would need to go through at home along with her other work stuff before heading home. Upon arriving, she mentally scolded herself.

I didn't have dinner yet. She massaged the space between her eyebrows and went inside without a second thought. She was too lazy and exhausted to go out and have dinner and so, Chinese food is the best solution at times like this. 'As long as it's edible' she thought, shaking off her crave for home cooked meal.

Washed up, in new set of pajamas, jieun reached for her mobile food, dialing the number of her favorite store. While waiting, she plopped herself on the sofa in living room, turning on the k-drama she's into lately.

Her phone rang, signaling a call from a person. She picked the call without looking at the caller ID. "Choi Jieun, why didn't you tell me that you just fainted, again? I was surprised when jihyun called me. Do you know how worried I am?" She bombarded her with questions as soon as she leaned the digital on her ear.

"Sorry for not telling you, but I didn't faint. I dozed off in the middle of meeting" she told, turning her gaze back to the screen. "You what? You've never slept trough a meeting before. Are you really okay, jieun? Why don't you go get a medical checkup?" Her tone, this time was a lot softer. Jieun sense the worrisome in them.