8 ∥Rabzliuto

여덟.

Rabzliuto (n.) the sentimental feeling you have about someone you once loved but no longer do

) the sentimental feeling you have about someone you once loved but no longer do

The first 24 hours I spent with you

Jisung stood in the hallway, his back was pressed against the wall. He played with his phone and looked over to his watch from time to time. He was waiting for her. The person who he was still so blinded in love with. Ever since he saw Yeri that day at the caffe, he couldn't stop thinking about her. Sure she has broken his heart couple of times before, but something about her seems so precious to him. He couldn't let go of her.

Almost a half hour later when he finally caught sight of her exiting the lecture. She looked worn out and she was zoning out to even notice Jisung's figure there, waiting so patiently for her even though his class has finished long ago. He positioned himself properly when he saw her walking to his direction and no, she didn't notice him. It was the only way to walk to the exit.

"Hi" Jisung stopped when she was finally a few centimeters from him. He was smiling so bright that if you didn't know him well enough, you would've thought that he didn't feel even the slightest bit of nerves. Yeri's mind was focused to head back home and not to care for any more bullshits, but with him blocking her way like this? Of course she couldn't resist that. She looked up to only notice the cheery smile across his face. The smile she once fell in love with. Not anymore, though.

"Hi. Now, if you excuse me. I got tons of assignments to do" Yeri moved away, wanting to pass through Jisung who was still in her way. But he prevented her to do so. Spreading his arms like those kindergarten kids would do when playing "catch me if you can" sort of thing. Yeri gritted her bottom lip, the assignments in her grasp tightened. Her knuckles had turned white at this rate. "move" her tone was harsh, full with annoyance.

"Please hear me out. I don't want things to end this way" he pleaded. His sorrowful eyes filled the girl with guilts. "I'm sorry, but we've talked about this before. Jisung, I've moved on. I can't continue this relationship when I can't return mutual feeling for you too. You deserve someone better." She pushed past him, her shoulder brushed against him while walking away. He clenched his fists tightly, embarrassed by how much efforts he put himself into to only be rejected this way.

Why are you making things so complicated

"Where are we going?" He stared at the bustle of the evening city from the front seat window. Jieun had called him earlier, saying that the deal had begun and now, they were heading to the first destination. Jisung being the confuse bean he is, was just pursing him lips into a thin line as he didn't get any answers from the older. He fished out his smart phone from his jeans pocket, going through social media. He was too caught up with the digital in his hands to realize that Jieun had already pulled out in an unfamiliar area. "What-"

"No time to explain. Here" she handed him a fishing rod and all he could think of at this moment was fuck my life. He exactly knew what's waiting for him a few meters away from where he was at and he was definitely not looking forward to it. Jieun prevented herself from smiling too bright and started walking, leaving the man with his crisis.

Jisung noticed her figure walking away and he immediately followed her. There, he saw a river. His heart was beating rapidly against his rib cage. He hates water. Turning to look at the older, he could see that she was already smiling from ear to ear. Her eyes sparkles with admiration.

"I miss the nature" she mumbled to herself, loud enough to be heard by the guy. "What are you waiting for? Come here and let's catch some fish today!" She announced enthusiastically. Jisung sighed before making his way beside her, setting up all the equipments. Sure he had tried fishing before, but it was never to his liking.

How he regretted agreeing to her request. He thought it'd be just like a typical date. Going to amusement park, sightseeing or taking a stroll around the park. But everything about her screamed different feelings. She isn't some ordinary girls who just asked someone to be their partner only for entertainment purposes. She admired little things that no one ever cared of. The little things that no one realized how important they are. The little things that could bring such an impact on someone who appreciates them. Oh how more sentimental could she be?

Jisung didn't realize that he was daydreaming till Jieun called for him. "Your rod is exaggerating" he shifted his gaze on the said thing. He tried pulling the rod, in hope that he would succeed, but to his despair, whatsoever that succeeded to stick to his rod was still fighting for its life. Trying the hardest to free itself. "This animal is sure stubborn as hell. Ah, it's tiring" he was about to release his grip on the rod when she quickly came to his side, taking the rod to herself.

Jieun pulled with all the energy left in her. She's been wanting to go fishing since forever and letting this opportunity go waste is a big no to her. A sigh left her lips when she finally succeeded. The fish was pulled out from the water, still slightly jumping in its position. She held the dead fish on the air, a proud smile plastered across her face.

"Do you want to come over at my place for dinner?"

I don't even like fish, but lord you managed to make it tastes so good that until this day, I'm still craving your spicy fish stew

_____________
💫 Words Count : 1008

This fanfic is meant to be cringe