3∥Eccedentesiast

.

Eccedentesiast (n.) Someone who hides pain behind a smile

Silence was the perfect description for the atmosphere of the room as Jihoon sat by the bed, loyally waited until his boss who he had fallen deeply in love with to be awakened

Silence was the perfect description for the atmosphere of the room as Jihoon sat by the bed, loyally waited until his boss who he had fallen deeply in love with to be awakened. He fiddled with her long fingers, staring at her pale face that made his stomach clenched with worrisome. He hated seeing her laying lifelessly down on the hospital bed with only the machine supplying oxygen to her.

He hated seeing the once, most passionate girl being unconscious and fragile. He held back his sobs as he leaned his back against the chair. A deep sigh escaped from his lips. Why must this happen to you? You don't deserve this. Jihoon was in a deep thought when he heard a knock on the door.

Slightly flinching, he quickly turned his gaze on the new presence. A familiar person stood by the door, a crying mess. Jihoon titled his head a little, his eyes squirmed to get a better look at the girl, trying to memorize when or where he's seen her before. A realization hit him as he stood up, bowing to the girl. Jihoon offered his seat to the latter as she mouthed a 'thank you' to him.

The latter, Soori was seating next to her friend. A hand covering her mouth as she cried in silence. "Jieun, what's gotten into you?" She mumbled, loud enough for the guy to hear. She held onto jieun's hand, locking their hands together. Tears flowing down her cheeks, smudging the mascara that she was wearing.

Soori leaned her back against the seat as she felt Jieun's fingers moved. Spark of hopes glistening on her eyes, hoping that what she thought was happening was true. "Jieunie?" Her name left as a question. Jieun's eyes fluttered opened.

It took her a few seconds before her vision started to become clearer. White ceiling, white walls. She furrowed her eyebrows in a questioning way before realizing the two figures staring at her with soft gaze. "Did I faint?" Her eyes traveled to look at her friend and then, to Jihoon. Jihoon nodded.

"Sorry for worrying the both of you. Who brought me here, though?" her voice still sounded so weak as Soori asked her to just rest until she's fully recovered, but curiosity been eating her up. She needed to know.

"The delivery guy, Lee Minho if I'm not mistaken" Jihoon placed a hand under his chin, thinking hard. Her eyes grew big, her cheeks turning a shade of pink. "Really, Jieun? You're still sick and yet you're drooling over a guy" Soori scolded. A cheeky smile made its way to Jieun's face. "I can't help it. You must see him. He's the most beautiful person I've ever seen and I bet you'd be just like me if you're in my shoe" soori face-palmed, ready to smack the girl if it wasn't for her being sick.