7 ∥Trouvaille

일곱.

Trouvaille (n.) something lovely discovered by chance; a windfall

) something lovely discovered by chance; a windfall

"Wait!" Jieun yelled his name the loudest she can. He turned around, removing the AirPods from his left ear. He wasn't even listening to any song, but he just felt the need to remove them. Maybe to make sure he could hear her. A confused look presented on his face.

Jieun didn't know why, but her legs started to take few large steps towards the guy who was eyeing her with much confusion. She gasped for air, feeling overworked by just running for a short distance, a very short one. Ordinary people would've rolled their eyes at her for being overdramatize, but she was in fact, not acting or even have any intention of being the center of attention. Bids of sweats were visible on her forehead. Quickly, she positioned herself properly before sending a lovely smile to him.

"Be my companion till the first autumn?" She questioned, catching him off guard. His eyes grew wide and his thin lips slightly parted as he stared at her sparkling pair of eyes full with sparks of hopes glistening on them. He was stumbled upon his words. Jisung of course, didn't want to agree. He barely knew her. Jieun on the other hand, couldn't accept a rejection from him, she immediately interrupted, still with her round eyes that were pleading him without having the ability to utter a word.

"I'll pay you 1 million dollars" his eyes grew even bigger, as big as a bowling ball at this rate. "For what" he snorted, but her expression was nothing but serious. His lips turned into an 'o' shape finally realizing that she was deadpan; it wasn't a joke. He titled his head to the left, a hand cupping his chin as he was in a deep thought. He was blinded by the amount of money she offered. He was broke after all and agreeing to this wouldn't hurt would it?

"Deal" he stepped closer, stopping a few centimeters from the slightly shorter girl. He lent his hand to her and she gladly took his hand in her, shaking their hands. A smile quickly formed across her face. Jisung didn't know whether to feel relief or to be burdened. He just let it slide, not wanting to overthink. They exchanged number and Jisung left with a last word from the girl whom he just met.

"I'll text you the meeting place. Just make sure you make it right on time. I hate waiting" Jisung mentally noted that and he wished he wouldn't make her wait. At least not the same reason as he got fired from his workplace.

Jisung entered the lecture, feeling the cold air from the air conditioner slapped him across the cheeks. He took a seat at one of the usual place he would sit on. Pulling out a new notebook from his bag pack. He couldn't find the old notebook he used to bring to every lecture. He has searched for it almost everywhere, even he asked permission from his old house owner to look for it, afraid that he might have left it behind when rushingly went out from his old house. The book was precious to him, not like it contained his personal things, but it was where he wrote all the notes for the semester and the one before. Now, he would have to borrow from one of his classmate that he didn't even know the name of to catch up with the old notes.

Jisung ran a hand through his hair. The class has dismissed and he was waiting for the others to walk out from the room. He didn't like scramming in the crowd to begin with and today, he was even lazier to swarm into the crowd. He felt a new notification came in and immediately fished out the digital from his hoodie.

1 million dollars 💵
Meet me at Han River by 11

Jisung checked the time and to his horror, it's already past 11:15. He stood up almost as soon as he saw the text and slug his bag pack on his left shoulder. Mentally cursing, he picked up his pace and headed to only place he could think of at this moment.

-

Jieun looked over to her watch, a frown was drawn on her face. She was standing under the same tree Jisung and her sat few days ago. Her arms were wrapped around her chest as she waited for the guy to arrive. There wasn't any sight of him and when she was about to go back home, she saw a person running towards her. The bag they were wearing was jumping up and down, making the person looked like they were still a high school student who were trying to escape from class. Jieun squirmed her gaze on the person and it was indeed, Jisung.

Jisung stopped when he was a few meters away from her. His hands on his knees as he gasped for air. "I'm sorry- for being- late" he said between pauses. Jieun has never liked when someone is late, but the clumsy boy standing before her now makes her slightly chuckling seeing how panicked he became.

"No wonder you look much younger. Still in school, huh?" She raised a brow at him, looking as fierce as a principal who caught a student skipping school. "Not school. College" Jisung corrected her, but she just shrugged it off. "Pretty same"

"How old are you?" Jisung asked while putting his back on the ground and taking a seat beside the girl. "Old enough to have her own company" he's once again, taken aback by her words. His mouth agape as he stared at her, not believing her. "Never thought you're that ambitious. I thought you're just a spoiled kid" Jieun glared dangerously at him as Jisung felt his breath hitched.

This woman sends chills down my spine

"I don't depend on people " Jisung rolled his eyes at her. "Yeah, yeah sure miss independent"

The day goes by as Jieun explained about the deal the made. She told him that they would be meeting a couple of time and that she won't interrupt his lecture and the list continues. She showed him the bucket list she made the other day and even though, Jisung couldn't bother much, he still listened to her with a hope that the deal would end as fast as the Chinese food delivery.

Oh, if only he knew how desperate his present-self would be to even have a moment with her again

_____________
💫 Words Count : 1128

Look who has awoken from grave yeah, right, it's me
I got more time now to update so hopefully, I won't ditch this book like I did with IDENTICAL