Chapter 12 - On Our Own

Ryuji's POV

I can't believe any of this. This shit's crazy. How the eff are we supposed to do any of this?

"Alright, get ready, we're moving in three. One... two... three!" Morgana says. We're moving through the area, trying to stay hidden and out of sight as much as possible. We've had a few close encounters but luckily Morgana managed to fight the guards off.

"Do we have any kind of plan for doing this?" Akira asks.

"Awakening your power is gonna require you to be put through something. You'll need something, some moment, to awaken your rebellious spirit. I'm hoping seeing what Kamoshida's doing will help do that for you," Morgana explains. Yeah, like that's really gonna help us.

"Also, you two may not wanna be so close all the time. I know you want to disobey the Atlus gods but we need to focus," Morgana says smugly.

"We're not that close, and who are these Atlus gods you keep talking about!" I exclaim.

"Quiet down you idiot!" Morgana says back. Damn it, I hate when he does that. I barely know him yet this cat constantly wants to treat me like an idiot. Just like everyone else I guess, so I shouldn't be surprised really.

"We're close. I can feel it," Morgana says. He feels a lot of things, apparently, just nothing good towards me.

"Close to what exactly?" Aki asks.

"The treasure. We're gonna hope that Kamoshida's protecting it, since we can't seem to locate him anywhere else. If he gets you all riled up then maybe you'll awaken your abilities."

"Wait but if the treasure is just there why don't we just take it now?" Aki asks

"Because we need to send a calling card remember?"

"Right, okay so then we can do that right after we secure out route to the treasure right? Well if it's out in the open it should be pretty simple," I say.

"Simple? Yeah right. We'll probably have to fight Kamoshida if we try, and that would get rough with a weakling like you around. Not to mention his other guards who you're also far too weak to handle."

"Hey, you don't gotta be so harsh," I say.

"I'm not, I'm being honest. As you are now, you're pathetic. A hindrance to our cause, and-"

"Alright that's it. Shut your damn mouth, Morgana," Aki interrupts.

"Akira, what are you,"

"You listen to me. Ever since you got here you've been an absolute fucking dick to Ryuji and he doesn't deserve it. He hasn't done anything to wrong you and you still treat him like trash. Where do you get off calling him pathetic? If anyone's pathetic it's you, and I'm not gonna take it anymore. You will leave Ryuji alone from now on, do I make myself clear?"

"Aki, you don't have to worry so much, I can-"

"Oh... you make yourself very clear. You clearly don't need me if you're gonna treat me with such disrespect."

"Guys, let's not blow this out of proportion. We can just-"

"Fine then, get lost, we don't need you here unless you learn to show Ryuji the respect he deserves."

"Guys please don't do this."

"Good luck surviving on your own. You'll never last five minutes without me around." Morgana leaves. And just like that, we're on our own, left to fend for ourselves in the cruel, brutal world.