Chapter 11 - Twisted World

Akira's POV

Once the cat, Morgana, finally finishes explaining everything to us, we're left pretty speechless for a while.

"Wait, so hold on. You said that we should be at a palace when we enter this Metaverse, right? So then why the hell are we in a god damn medieval war zone?" Ryuji asks.

"That's actually a pretty good question, coming from you," Morgana says. I'm getting real tired of this cocky bastard insulting my boy like that. "The short answer is: I don't know. Neither does Fut - I mean Alibaba," he keeps making that mistake, calling Alibaba something else.

"All we know is that something is very wrong in the world right now - our world. Nothing is going like it should. In fact, we shouldn't even be talking yet, and Alibaba shouldn't know about any of this yet," Morgana continues explaining, but he's even lost me at this point. "That's why we need your help, both of you."

"Why us?" Ryu asks.

"Well, normally I would have gotten the both of you to help me out anyways, but now it's especially important. You two... you have something special. Within you both lies the power to alter your fate. In a corrupted world like this, that power is probably our best bet."

"How do we have the power to alter fate?" I ask.

"Well, just look at you two. You're somehow in a relationship that wouldn't be possible in the normal world due to the all powerful Atlus gods-"

"Wait, the who now?" Ryu asks.

"Don't worry about it, we're not in their world right now, and stop interrupting!" This cat needs to watch his attitude towards Ryu, or so help me... "Anyway, it wouldn't be possible for you two to be together in the normal world, let alone this crazy world of soulmates, so clearly you've got the power to change your fate," Morgana says like it should be plain as day.

"Alright, let's say that makes sense. I still don't get how we can help. We aren't phantom thieves, are we?" I ask.

"No, you aren't. Not yet, at least. But soon. Considering this is still Kamoshida's cognition, you all should still awaken your Persona's soon," Morgana says.

"Wait, so how do you know what should happen? Can you guys like see into the future or something?" I ask.

"I don't know, really. I can't see into our future, but I can get a general sense of how the normal world should be going."

"Wait, you said this is Kamoshida's cognitive world, right? How'd we end up in that bastard's world?" Ryu asks.

"Because we brought you here, duh," Morgana says smugly. The hell did Ryu do to get on his bad side? I ask something and he's glad to answer, Ryu asks and Morgans acts like Ryu's an idiot.

"But why did you bring us here?" I ask the question I can see on Ryu's mind, so he doesn't have to get treated like shit again.

"Because we still don't know all the details yet, but we figured doing it in a similar way to the normal world would have less consequences." Knew it, he answers without incident.

"Alright, fine, so now that we know all of that, what's our first move?" I ask.

"Our first and only priority is to awaken your powers. Once at least one of you manages to do so, I'm out of here," Morgana says.

"The hell do you mean you're out of here? We can't do this alone!" Ryu shouts.

"Quit freaking out. Like I said, I'm gonna wait until you can defend yourselves, but then you're on your own. You'll be fine, I think. Alibaba and I need to go investigate some things, and you two need to pass your test," Morgana says.

"Test? What do you mean test?" I ask.

"Right, she never told you. We aren't sure you guys should be brought aboard yet and disagreed about it so we decided to test your abilities. If you two manage to steal Kamoshida's treasure on your own, then we bring you aboard. If you fail, I'll have to come rescue you and then we'll hold off on recruiting you for now."

"So then... we gotta deal with Kamoshida eh? Maybe this won't be so bad after all. A little revenge couldn't hurt, right Ryu?" I say, considering the possibilities.

"Hmm. Maybe. I still don't get all of this but, I trust you, Aki. If you think we should do this, then I'm ready to give it everything I got!" He says. The fact that he's so willing to trust me makes me so happy. I love this boy oh so much.

"Alright then, Morgana, let's do this!" I say. Morgana opens the doors, and outside the room we go.