✧ Chapter 7 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"You're never home anymore! I don't know what you're up to these days, so excuse me for wanting to spend time with my daughter!" My mother slammed her fist down onto the kitchen table quite heavily.

I'd returned home after a day out on the beach with Kakyoin. Nothing unusual. But apparently she's been worried about the fact that I've been spending more time out of the house now that I have a job and a social life.

"You got me that job! You used to berate me for never leaving the house in the first place! Is this not what you wanted?" I argued back, quite annoyed by her audacity to call me out over something she initiated to begin with. "I didn't mean for you to spend every second of the day away from home, only to return here to sleep!"

I grit my teeth together angrily, both of our tempers beginning to rise uncontrollably. "Would you prefer if I didn't come back here at all? I'm busy living my life. And not once did you mention that you wanted to spend time with me, before or after I scored that job!" I gripped tighter onto the house key that rest in my palm, heavily considering just walking out the front door and staying out in the fresh air for a while longer.

"How can I tell you when you're not here!" That was it. "Fine." My tone suddenly altered, becoming calm and collected as I spoke. This seemed to make her angered expression falter, now noticing my numbed demeanour.

"I'm going out for a bit. I need some fresh air." I turned on my heels, opening the door while she was too shocked to utter anything, just watching as I left. "I'll take the day off tomorrow. We'll talk then." And with that, I was gone..

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

Fighting wasn't a usual occurrence in my household, seeing as my mother used to mutter remarks under her breath rather than calling me out like this. She regularly tells me of her boss's daughter, who currently has a summer job while she's a whole two years younger than I am, who is well kept and enjoys hobbies that are 'worthwhile'. Small comments that would clearly get under my skin..

But now she seemed to be annoyed by something else, taking it out on me. I took it with a pinch of salt, acknowledging that she works in a highly stressful environment at work with nobody to vent to while I'm out of the house. And teenagers fighting with their parents is far from unheard of.

I found myself by the beach, an instinctual move since I was so caught up in my mind that my legs seemed to carry me there on their own.

The sand appeared dark, somewhat similar to light charcoal particles dusted across the once bright and sunny beach. A dreary sight, and yet it almost seemed more mysteriously beautiful. The moon shone down over the ocean, creating a whole different kind of breathtaking compared to the scenery I was used to. A myriad of greys, blacks, whites. A sky full of stars, scattered across the sky like little specks of shining silver. And a moon so bright that it stole the show.

"What are you doing out so late?"

The surprisingly gentle but deep voice sounded from behind me, startling me considerably. "J-Jotaro! Don't scare me like that!" I automatically grasped at my shirt, just layers above where my heart was racing rapidly in my chest. "I could ask you the same question!"