✧ Chapter 22 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"You excited about your first date?" Kakyoin cooed as he sprawled across my bedsheets, staring up at the ceiling as I flicked through the outfits laying around in my closet. "You can stop rubbing it in now." I laughed with an eye-roll, fingers gliding across each of the clothing hangers as I crossed off different ideas from my internal checklist.

"I would never!" Kakyoin feigned offensiveness, laughing as I lowered my head and sighed of fake defeat. "I've got bigger problems to worry about right now." I stuck my tongue out in his direction as I continued to scan through my wardrobe. Nothing seemed to fit my vision of a perfect outfit choice, and I was starting to accept the fact that I would probably end up wearing something mundane.

"Having trouble?" Kakyoin's tone shifted into sympathy as he stood up from his lounging spot, approaching my wardrobe to take a look for himself. "When's the last time you went shopping? I've seen all these outfits on you at least a hundred times.." He muttered with a soft chuckle.

Silence ensued as I hid my ashamed face from him. I could hardly remember the last time I went shopping, other than the outfit I'd bought for the carnival. It was a day-long spree, and the trip lacked any set plan, so I ended up with a bunch of random outfits that were reused and readjusted to work with other outfits I already had.

"You're kidding me." He crossed his arms to fold over one another, an eyebrow quirked as he eyed me surprisedly. "Nope." I laughed sheepishly as I sat down where he lay prior to his judgemental search through my clothing collection.

"Okay, that needs to change immediately." He ruffled my hair, smiling down at me. "Let's go now while you still have time to get ready. This spree is on me." He presented the 6,000 Yen from his pocket that I'd previously paid him for our bet. "I've got 6,000 Yen and I'm not afraid to spend it!"

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"Nope."
"Ew. Next."
"Okay, that's not bad."
"..Never mind.."

It had been an hour since we'd arrived at the nearest shopping mall, and after scanning through all the different clothing stores in the vicinity, we decided on one shop in particular that had a lot of different styles to choose from. I'd tried on just about every dress, every mannequin's complete outfit, every suggestion the clerk had to give, and nothing I tried on looked good enough.

"Please just let me pick out something. Just this once." Kakyoin pleaded as he groaned of utter annoyance, falling backwards dramatically onto his waiting room seat as I emerged from the stall in an overly casual pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt. "That missed the mark altogether! Where did you even find that?"

I pouted softly as I posed in the mirror. "I thought it was cute.." I mused with a shrug, laughing quietly to myself at Kakyoin's left eye twitch as he'd been waiting so long for the perfect outfit to come along, only for me to suggest this. "Absolutely not. It's my turn now." He shot up from his seat faster than I could argue against it, and sped off in the direction of the clothing hangers.

"This. This one. Try it on." I continued to laugh at Kakyoin's impatient state, swapping out my older outfits with him to accept his newest idea. "Alright alright, calm down drama queen." I quipped as I shut the cubicle's door closed and locked it before he could retort anything back.