✧ Chapter 14 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"Kakyoin, wait up!" As evening drew closer, Kakyoin and I had decided to call it a day and head home for the night. The sky's bright oranges, pinks, purples and blues were bound to be short-lived, but we were able to bask in the colourful light cascading onto the water, glistening and sparkling as if bidding us a goodnight.

"I'm cold!" He whined, continuing to speed-walk towards the concrete pavements laid out next to the sandy beach. "Stop being such a baby." I huffed, jogging to catch up to the rushing brute that didnt hesitate to leave me in the dust, or rather the sand. "I always wait for you.." I flicked his cheek with a pout playing across my lips as I finally matched his fast walking pace.

"(Y/n)!" My body trembled at the sound of my voice being shouted in the near distance, and not for the reason I was expecting. Jotaro seemed urgent as he treaded towards us, eyes bright with worry as they were cast downwards. "You're injured." He stated abruptly, crouching down by my feet to examine the source of the blood.

"W-what..?" It was only then that I noticed a long trail of blood leading all the way towards the shoreline, as far out as I could see. And this wasn't just a small trickle of crimson lining the sand - it seemed to be a large gash that I didn't happen to notice while chasing Kakyoin earlier.

"Jotaro.. Your house is the closest, so bring her there and patch her up." Kakyoin suddenly demanded, eyes fixated on the pool beneath my foot. Jotaro nodded solemnly, returning to his examination of the gash. "I'll go figure out what cut you so we can prevent this from happening to someone else. Catch up to you later." He winked playfully whilst Jotaro was too focused on my injury to notice. I blushed slightly, narrowing my eyes at him before he sped off to find the culprit. I swear, that guy always finds a way to pair us off together like this..

"Here.." My attention was averted to the sharp sound of ripping as he tore apart a piece of his shirt. The strip of cloth was enough to wrap around the entirety of my foot, stopping the blood from spilling out too much when he tightened the knots he'd tied at the top. While it had stopped the flow momentarily, it soon began to lightly seep through, staining the grey material with blotches of darkened red.

Leaving no time to spare, Jotaro scooped me off my feet without warning and began to jog home with me in his arms. Startled, I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, squeezing my eyes shut as I tried to block out the waves of pain now washing over me. I'd been too cold to realise it had happened before, but the heat radiating from Jotaro's body mixed with the adrenaline of the situation caused the intense pain to follow through.

My grip on his jacket tightened, hands balling into fists around the tufts of fabric to try and ease the pain. My eyesight was becoming blurred with each sensation pulsing through my leg, getting increasingly worse now that I was aware of it. Noticing this, Jotaro placed his free hand on my back to rub large circles on it soothingly, trailing across my shoulder-blades in an attempt to calm me down. Thankfully, we weren't far from his house, so the trip was as short-lived as the sky's lingering hues disappearing into the night's sky.

Once we were in the house, he kicked the door closed with the back of his heel, not a care in the world other than tending to my injury. "Jotaro? Is that you?" A sweet, shrill voice chirped from across the hall as he took a sharp turn into their kitchen. He set me down on the countertop without another word, leaving his unanswered mother to curiously search around the house for him.