✧ Chapter 10 ✧

(Y/n) = Your name
(S/n) = Surname / last name
(E/c) = Eye colour
(S/c) = Skin colour / skin tone
(H/c) = Hair colour
(H/l) = Hair length

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

* cough cough *

I groggily sat up straight on my mattress, fighting the overwhelming headache that felt as if my skull would split open at any second. I was unmistakably sick, but had no way of telling Kakyoin or Jotaro that I was unable to meet them by the beach today.

Deciding to get up and at least eat something, I stood to my feet and tried my best to leave the bedroom. I lost my balance almost instantly, my body uncontrollably tilting to the side, only to be caught by the nearby wall that prevented my fall.

My shoulder crashed against the wall quite heavily, provoking a wince as I wasn't expecting it to be so painful. My senses were heightened, and all my aches and pains were intensified. "Ugh.." I held my head in both my hands, using my back that now pressed against the wall as my support while I cradled it. I haven't been this sick since I was a kid..

Using the wall as a guide, I pressed one hand against it and walked slowly towards the door. I at least needed to write a note for Kakyoin since he would undoubtedly come to check on me. He usually worries when I don't show up within the first hour of our meet-ups.

I somehow managed to trudge down the stairs, gripping onto the wooden banister like my life depended on it. And once I had finally made my way into the kitchen, I searched the room for a notebook and pen to leave on the counter-top.

But before I could find anything, everything began to slowly fade to black. My eyesight became blotchy and clouded, and everything seemed to appear much farther away. And suddenly, I felt my body become much lighter than before, the room blurring into incoherence while my consciousness faded completely.

~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~✧~

"(Y/n)?" Kakyoin called out, knocking on the now slightly ajar door quite loudly as he entered the house. Once inside, he shut the door and placed his spare key aside. Jotaro stood earnestly behind him, eyeing the interior of the house for the first time.

"She's probably still asleep." He waved his hands about nonchalantly in an attempt to assure himself more-so than assuring Jotaro. But his companion was too busy to overhear his ramblings, still looking around at the random childhood pictures and paintings hung across the walls.

"(Y/N)!" Kakyoin suddenly hollered from across the hallway, rushing to help the girl that lay sprawled across the kitchen floor. A small pool of blood slowly tricked from the back of her head where it clearly made contact with the countertop's edge, coating parts of the white tiled floor with a dark and unnerving shade of crimson red.

Jotaro was quick to appear by the doorway, and even quicker to appear by the unconscious girl's side. "What happened?" He gravely inquired, cradling her head as gently as possible in one hand to examine the source of the blood.

"I found her like this. She looks so pale.. She must have passed out." Kakyoin observed, noting how pale her skin had become. (She was normally pale, but this was beyond that at this point/her skin tone isn't naturally like this, so to see her so sickly pale was quite alarming/etc.)