PRECIOUS JEWEL

•••PRECIOUS JEWEL•••

JEWEL X SOONYOUNG

We were at the park and sitting on the bench beside the carousel with kids riding them. She's just beside me watching them and eating her hotdog buns while I'm watching her, with a blissful smile on my face. I couldn't get happier. I'm so contented being with her. 

We spent our Saturday afternoon strolling and walking. I asked her out and fortunately she agreed shyly. We decided to went somewhere. Where we first met.

I stared at her stood underneath the sun setting down. It's almost night time. I snaked my arms around her, back hugging her.

"I'm so happy, Hoshi. Thank you for this day," she looked at me with those eyes shining and twinkling for me. I reached for her hand and kissed the back of it. "I'll treasure this while I'm still alive."

"Hey.. don't you dare say that. You'll still going to be my girlfriend. You'll going to say yes to me. I'll still want you to meet my family, I'll marry you and build a family with you. I'll be spending my life with you until we get old and dies."

She nodded and hugged me tightly. She kissed me. I was so shocked but I held her tight and deepen our kiss. 

"I love you, Jewel. I'll always do." I looked at her intently and caressed her cheeks.

"I love you too.. and I wanted to be your girlfriend." She smiled at me at pecked on my lips.

"Babe, you sure?" It came out a whisper. I blinked, almost unbelievable. Did I heard it right?

"I love you. There's nothing I'm not sure about you,"

I hurriedly kissed her again. With full of love I wanted to show her, to let her feel it. I'm so happy. Our hearts linked and beat the same rhythm. She's now mine. She's really mine. Oh, goodness! I'm too overwhelmed.

We spent the night together. She wants to be with me. I badly wants to be with her. I claimed her. Seems like a dream came true but it was too surreal. We were both blissful and contented cuddling, whispering sweet nothings and planning the future together.

I WOKE UP without her by my side. I jumped out on bed and searched my whole pad. Instead, I found a piece of note saying:

                   'Hoshi, I love you, baby. I'm very happy to spend my last day with you. Please, be happy even if I won't be there for you anymore. I've decided for this. I love you..'

Goosebumps creeps in me and it got me fuckin' nervous. What the hell? What's the meaning of this?!

I immediately dressed up and took my keys. I'm going to her house right now. This sucks! What's on my mind couldn't be true! 

I found people circling around Jewel's little house. It was a public property with those unsettled families and individuals.

Mrs. Magda, the store owner nearby spotted me, "Hoyy! Binata! Buti at nandito ka! Kanina pa sumisigaw si Jewel sa loob parang nasasaktan! Pumasok d'yan kanina lang ang Tito nito at may ibang kasamahan pa! Dalian mo baka kung ano na ang nangyayari!" She was blabbering and looked nervous.

What?! Fear and madness surges and swirls inside me. This can't be happening!

The front door was locked! I punched it hard and kicked it. I heard nothing and it makes me nervous. Jewel, babe, you can't do this to me! You can't just leave me! It gives me urge to kick harder and the door flung open, broken.

I saw him! I gritted my teeth and glared at him. I balled my fist, ready to shot him the hell he wanted.

"Oh, hi! Dumating ang the great knight slash the romantic boyfriend!" He exclaimed like he was too amazed. 

Somewhere, Jewel grunted, seems too hard for her to breathe. "Tito! Wag mong idamay si Soonyoung dito!"

I got alarmed and looked where she might be.  I glared blankly at him, "where is she?"

"Malapit na syang mamatay, hindi ka na dapat maghanap pa doon. Maya-maya lang, tudas na yon!" He smirked wickedly.

It hit me real good! I kicked him instantly without him noticing it. He backed away holding his stomach. I turned towards him and picked him on his collar. "Tell me!"

"Binenta ko sya at siguradong bangkay na iyon---" I elbowed him. Tumilapon ito sa sahig, umuubo ng dugo at hirap na hirap sa paghinga. He backed away.

"I'll kill you! Tell me where is she!" I kicked him hard on his head. It bleeds but I don't give a fuck! Parang gusto kong makapatay sa mga sinasabi nito tungkol kay Jewel.

Ngumisi lang ito! It's more than enough that he just want as plain as dead in my hands. I flunged on to him and punched, kicked, picked on him unable to stop. Until he wasn't breathing with a broken face.

I immediately took off and went upstairs. "Jewel!" I opened her room and there she was. Tied on bed, naked and bloody body. 

Tumakbo ako patungo dito. Hindi na ito gumagalaw! No! Agad kong hinubad ang sweater at tinakip dito. She looked awfully buttered!

"Jewel!" She's tied up and beaten! Kahapon lang masaya pa kami! Kahapon naman okay lang ang lahat! Jewel, why didn't you told me! I started untying her hands.

No! Jewel! You can't do this! Please! Tell me it's all a dream! My vision's blurred. Can't seem to see clearly with these tears stung in my eyes.

"Baby.." she coughed, blood oozes.

"Don't speak! I'll get you out of here! You'll live, Jewel! You need to live! Hindi ako pumapayag na iwan mo ako!" 

"I love you.. M--mahal na mahal, Hoshi.." she coughed blood again.

"Please, don't move! Let me get you out of here! I won't blame you for taking all of these on your own. I won't, I promise. Just please, just live for me!"

She smiled, "I'm sorry.. matagal na akong inuusig at pinagbabantaan ni Tito... Maraming beses mo na akong nilagtas noon mula sa kanya... Pero bumabalik-balik parin sya.. binantaan niya akong papatayin ka niya pag hindi ko binigay ang gusto niya, binaboy niya ako.. nila .. I was too ashamed to tell you all of it kaya I've decided. I don't want you getting involved on this mess my father made with my uncle. It's not your responsibility... I'm sorry for being selfish.. sorry.. I love you.." she was crying. She's weeping and it breaks me. I untied her arms, she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, even more tight.

There's so much I wanted to tell her. But I wanted to feel her on me, feel her warmth. "I'm sorry.." I poured and cried. I'm aching inside. I can't let her leave me like this!

"Baby.. promise me you'll be happy. Just for me, be happy.... I won't be long, Hoshi.. please, promise me you need to go on.."

"No! I'll never allow you! I won't let you leave me, Jewel!" I broke away from her and untied her limbs.

"Baby.." she took my hands and put it on her face, "I'm dying..." She smiled bitterly.

"No!! You can't---"

"Shhhh... I love you, always remember that.." she embraced me while I'm crying silently. Why? Why it should be you, baby? She's leaning on me, snuggling closer to me. I held her closer, unable to backed away.

She's breathing hard until I heard it no more. Clutching her body onto me tightly, I grieved and cried until I can't breathe..

@flngwrtrroselee 🥀