The Need And The Needed ✔️

Still Tony's POV

As I sit in my wheelchair, I looked through the window of the room that held Y/N. She was sleeping and I wanted to be the first to greet her when she woke up. Hopefully it would help comfort her and put her at ease.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn and look to see Rhodey.
"Hey pal, we're about to have a meeting." He says. I look back at the girl through the window.
"I want to stay here." I say. Rhodey sighs.
"I can't let you do that Tony. You can come back and check on her when it's done."  I sigh.
"Okay but I want to be notified first thing when she's awake." I say.

I was rolled into the meeting room and we went over what had happened. I listened but didn't pay much attention. I was more focused on the people that popped up as not being around anymore. I saw Peter Parker show up and then May Parker. I put my head in one of my hands. Y/N now an orphan. God this is gonna crush the kid.

"Where is he now? Where?" I speak up.
"We don't know." Cap responds. "He just opened a portal and walked though." I then look over and see the short haired Shakespeare.
"What's wrong with him?" I ask.
"He's pissed." I hear. I turn and then see a talking raccoon. "He thinks he failed. Which of corse he did but there's a lot of that going around here."
"Honestly until this exact moment I thought you were a Build-a-bear." I say.
"Maybe I am."
"We've been hunting Thanos for weeks now. Deep space scan, and satellites, we got nothing. Tony you fought him." Cap says.
"Who told you that?" I ask. "I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street magician give away the stone. That's what happened. There was no fight cause he's not beatable." I explain.
"Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Cap asks.
"Pffft." I say, expressing any idea that I had.
"You know, I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I don't want to believe it. Thought I was dreaming." Cap then tries to interrupt but I stopped him. "I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry." I then get up. "You know what I need, I need to shave. And, I need to get back to Y/N. Because SHE needs me. And I believe I remember telling all of you," I say as I then struggle and pull out the IV. Rhodey tries to stop me but I ignore him. "That what we needed was a suit of armor around the world. Remember that? Whether it impacted our precious freedom or not. That's what WE needed." I express.
"Well that didn't work out did it?" Cap says.
"I said we'd lose. You said 'We'll do that together too.' And guess what, Cap? We lost. And you weren't there. But that's what we do, right? We're the 'Avengers.' We're the 'Avengers.' Not the 'Pre-vengers.'" I say as Rhodey steadies me, making sure I stay up.
"Okay, you've made your point now sit down." Rhodey demands.
"Okay, no no, here's my point. You know what."
"Tony you're sick, sit down-"
"She's great by the way. We need you. You're new blood." I say as I point to the glow stick girl and get out of Rhodey's grip. "I've got nothing for you Cap. No clues, no strategies, no options. Zero, zip, nada. No trust, you lier." I say right in Cap's face. I then rip the nanotech arc reactor off my chest and slam it into his hand. "Here, take this. You find him, you put that on, and you hide." I warn before I start to feel weak. I collapsed onto one knee.
"Tony-"
"I'm fine." I say. "Let me." I start to say before everything kind of stops. I then hit the floor.