9. Meeting The Family

"I'm telling you Sapphire, I really found my human family! And they really like dragons!"

"But are you absolutely sure, Lei? Are you absolutely sure these humans are really your family?"

"I am absolutely, and positively sure!"

Dagur watched Lei as she seemed to argue back and forth with the blue Monstrous Nightmare in the dragon language he still couldn't understand while her mate, who occasionally glanced over at Dagur and glared at him. Whatever they were arguing about seemed pretty heated, and he wished he could understand what they were saying.

Earlier Lei had came back to the island with Striker out of breath and too tired to even go back to his nest to sleep, she didn't even tell him anything, and dragged him to Sapphire and Flaresight to tell them something.

"No, you are not going back, I don't care if you found a bunch of humans who are friendly towards dragons." Flaresight stated and cast a scowl in Dagur's direction. "I should have kicked him off the island the day he got better, that human has done nothing but-"

"He taught me how to behave correctly around humans!" Lei interrupted, fury in her eyes. "If it wasn't for him, I would never have tried to stop Drago, and if I hadn't done that I would never have found my human family who want me back in their lives!"

"And how do you even know if they're telling the truth about being your real family? They could either be lying or have mistaken you for another human who looks similar to you."

Lei placed a hand on her chest. "I can't properly explain it, but I just know they're my family. The woman's story matches mine, she even remembers Sapphire! Please, you have to at least meet them and see for yourself- all of you."

Sapphire gave her mate an angry look before turning back to her daughter with a concerned expression. "Lei, are you sure you want to do this? You told me the last time you were surrounded by so many humans you felt overwhelmed being around them."

"I'll be fine Sapphire, it's just going to be my brother, mother and their dragons." Lei assured her. "And I want them to meet Dagur too, it's fair they got to meet the man who taught me so much."

Sapphire nodded and looked to Flaresight, who gave a frustrated sigh. "Fine, you can go see them, take Sapphire and anyone else with you. And take the human as well, just be careful."

"Yes! You're the best!" Lei cheered and threw her arms around him in a hug, earning a surprised "oof!" from the Nightmare before she released him and ran to Dagur with a big grin on her face.

"I take it your little talk went well?" Dagur asked when Lei approached him.

"Yep! And Flaresight said I can take you, Sapphire and anyone else to meet my family!" Lei replied in a giddy tone as she pulled him towards the nests where Striker was asleep with Shattermaster and several Terrible Terrors watching over them.

"Uh actually...I don't think it'd be such a good idea for me to come. This is a private moment I don't want to interrupt it with my presence."

Lei cocked her head to the side. "Uh, why wouldn't it be a good idea? You are a part of the family, in a way."

"Well it's just that... it's you, your mom and brother getting to meet your dragon family, I'm not a part of that family."

"Dagur, you're a part of my family. You live here with us in the nests now, that means you are a part of the family." Lei took his hands in hers. "To me, you are family. You're my...sort-of-mate?"

Dagur laughs. "Not sure what the proper word is, but I'm sure we'll find a proper word for what we are."

"So will you come?"