|| Chapter 10 ||

The contents of those 24 boxes took less than an hour to reach Pakistan. Our legions of hackers opened a secure and undetectable email account through a clear satellite. If we publish that information, everyone that runs the country is dead. And they know it.

While Helsinki was checking Palermo's eyesight, I sat down on one of the leather chairs and began thinking. Lately my train of thought kept heading towards the same place, Aníbal Cortés. I did my research on him, well I mean there wasn't really that much to research since basically his last heist got his name everywhere. But I did investigate the whole Tokyo and Rio situation. Based on the conversations that I've had, Tokyo and Rio were basically the school lovebirds. At the same time, others said their relationship was complicated. Apparently it had to do with Tokyo's untamed behavior, some said she's too reckless others said she's careless. Based on my observations on Tokyo I think it has to do with her inability to take care of something good in her life. Don't get me wrong, I like Tokyo she's really cool, but if she had never left that poor boy on that island, this never would have had to happened. 

"Palermo, are you there?" the professors voice stopped my train of thoughts. I turned to look at Palermo and saw that Denver was helping him get up from his chair and head towards the walkie talkie.

"Eagle eye! I'm listening, Profess-"

"Is Tokyo close?" the professor interrupted Palermo. We all turn to look at Tokyo who was surprised that the professor wanted to speak to her.

"yeah, she's here" Palermo replied to the professor before stepping aside and handing Tokyo the walkie talkie. 

"Professor?"

"Tokyo... Rio is in Spain."

This made all of us breathe out a side of relief. I lean back in my chair and close my eyes. It's kind of hard to believe that most of the plan has actually worked. We just have to wait for the rest of it to play out..but honestly for some reason I have this really bad feeling in my gut. And I never get those.

"Thank you" Tokyo's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, "I hope I'll be able to hug you and thank you in person really soon". I turn to look at her and see that her eyes are teary yet happy. "Of course you will" I hear the professor respond, "Tokyo the hardest part is still ahead of us but we'll get there. Do you hear me? We're gonna do it." After their conversation was over, Tokyo turned to Denver and they just hugged each other. Helsinki and Palermo hugged each other. I just felt left out, so I decided to give them a moment to celebrate. While their moment I decided to look for the person I cared for the most in this whole building.

"Hey"

"Hey" I said sitting next to Santiago on top of the stairs.

"Any news?" He asked me

"Rio's back" 

"Really?! That's amazing!" He said getting really happy and excited. I just stared at him and  took in the moment of his happiness. "You know I love you.. right?" I said. He turned to look at me surprised that I was talking about my feelings. "I know I don't say it all the time but I do.. really love you. And all of this.. It's making me realize how lucky I am to have found you again-"

"Seoul, first of all you're rambling. Second of all, yes I know you love me. And third of all, I love you too.." He said giving me a small smile and putting his arm around me giving me a side hug. I lay my head and his shoulder and breathe in deeply. I know something is going to go wrong and I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with him. He's my blood, my family, the only I trust.. The only one I would do anything for.

"Hey mutt! Give me some water." 

"What you just call me?" 

Santiago and I look down towards the main hall and see Gandia talking shit to Nairobi. This made me scrunch my eyebrows as to why the hell he is speaking to her that way. I get from the stairs and slowly head walking towards them, Santiago following behind.