|| Chapter 16 ||

"Has anybody seen Seoul?"

As I step out of the shower room, I turn to see Nairobi looking for me.

"I'm right here, what's up?" I said as I walked towards her. "We're about to start the surgery to get the mic out of Rio. You're the only one I trust with a blade, so I wan't you to be my second in command." She said smiling at me as she grabbed my hand to lead us to the main room.

"You know, Santiago has a really steady hand too, right?" I said as I raised my eyebrows at her. I knew she already knew this, but there's something she isn't telling me. Knowing Nairobi, I can tell when somethings off.

"Yeah.. well.. um.. I have to tell you something about that.. But I'll tell you after we get that damn bug out of Rio" She said as she nervously laughed and opened the doors to the main room. There I saw everybody prepared with their masks and gloves on. I walked towards the table where Rio was laying, we made brief eye contact before I turn to look the other way. Nairobi comes up to me and hands me a note: 

"You already know the procedure to this, we can't speak out loud so we are just going to go step by step in silence or else they'll find out that we know about their bug. Helsi will use the metal detector to find out where the mic is. Once we find it,  he will sedate Rio, and you will cut the area in which the bug is located. I will then use the forceps to dig it out, once I get it out, you will stitch him back up if necessary and take care of the wound, got it?"

I gave her a thumbs up as a reply to the note, and I begin to put on my own gloves and mask. As Helsinki searches Rio's body with the metal detector, I can tell out of the corner of my eye that he's looking at me. I turn to look at Tokyo who is concentrated on Helsinki searching Rio, we then hear a beep coming from his left hip. I turn to look at Nairobi, she hands me one of the scalpels, and I grab it while I wait for Rio to pass out before I cut his side open. 

Once he's knocked out, we all follow the procedure as we were taught to do from the very beginning of this heist. I clean the area first, then cut the area open not big enough for him to need stitches, but enough for Nairobi to get in there and take out the mic. Once she got it out, I grab the cotton pads and clean his blood. I then put a clean cotton pad on his small wound and tape it with some of the surgical tape. 

Since we were all done with the quick procedure, Helsinki leaves to go put the mic inside a little box where our beloved police will just be able to hear the sweet sound of snoring. Everybody leaves the room to let Rio rest up and wake up from the sedative we had injected him with. I go downstairs to watch the hostages, as they talked with one another I sit down on the steps. 

Why did I kiss him?? No, why did I let him kiss ME? Ugh!! I just made a huge mistake, what if Tokyo finds out? She's going to HATE me if she doesn't already.. It's okay.. not my fault. it was just a thing that happened in the moment. It didn't mean anything-

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"My thoughts are worth more than a penny I can tell you that" I said with a small smile as I turned to see Denver sitting next to me. He laughed in return and put his arm around me, "You okay? What's wrong?"

"What makes you think somethings wrong?" I said as I pushed his arm off me and nudge his side in a playful way. 

"Well first of all, you were completely zoned out. Second of all, you haven't eaten since what, the day before yesterday?" 

"Im on a diet" I said jokingly.

"Oh please, you? On a diet? Impossible", He said laughing

"Hey! I can get on a diet if I wanted too" I said as I did my pouting face.