{11}

The next 90 years, you spent looking for Elijah. You used your vampire network to gather any and every piece of information you could on Elijah, but no one was able to find him. The trail was even colder than before, giving you many false hopes and a lot of unhappy turn-outs.

You looked in every city you could for him, but you couldn't find him. The first piece of good information you had gotten about the Mikaelsons since the 1920s was from a werewolf on the run.

Normally, werewolves only killed vampires, but, you found this one, injured and terrified. He was even more scared when you approached him, but you immediately put him at ease. You knew he would heal, so you brought him to the motel room you had rented in the city you were staying in to search for the Mikaelsons.

You had asked the werewolf what had happened to him, and at first, he was unsure whether or not to tell you his whole life story but realized that you meant him no harm. He started explaining how he was just a normal werewolf, living in a pack.

But, now, he was turned into a vampire/werewolf hybrid. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion at this point. The only hybrid you knew was Niklaus. There was no possible way that this man was a hybrid as well. But, it all became clear when he told you that the one who turned him into a vampire was none other than Klaus Mikaelson.

It was weird, hearing the man call him by the second part of his name, Klaus, instead of Nik, but you were entirely more concerned with the fact that he had known the Mikaelsons.

But, you also noticed that when he said Niklaus' name, he sounded scared as if he was cursing himself by saying his name. Niklaus was like a brother to you. He was sweet and caring, why would anyone be scared of him? What had you missed in the Mikaelsons' life while you were away?

"Why are you running from him?" you asked him. "When he turned me, he sired me to him. He made me do awful things for him, me...and my friends were so tired of being his slave. So we ran away from him, and he found us. He slaughtered my friends, and I ran but he swore on his life he would find me and kill me," he explained.

You looked at him sympathetically and then asked, "Where is he now?" "I don't know, I swear, he left town. He said that he had more important things to worry about at the moment. He's gone, but if I were you, I would stop looking for him, before he kills you too," he warned.

You looked at him, slightly distressed by his words, and then told him, "Thanks for the warning. I have to go." He watched, confused, as you walked away, leaving him to heal in the motel room.

You got in the car that you had compelled someone to give you and started driving. You searched the entire city once more looking for any sign of Nik, Rebekah, or Elijah. Why was it that you always came so close, but never succeeded in finding the people you called your family?

You never found any clue that signified where the Mikaelsons went. You searched day and night, and the only eye witness that Niklaus was even in town was the werewolf who had no idea where Nik had gone.

You had no energy left in you. You needed to take a break from the search. Traveling constantly from city to city, never ceasing to look for the love of your life. It was killing you faster than any vampire, werewolf, or witch could. So, reluctantly, you started driving. You only knew of one place that could calm you down long enough to gain your energy back: Mystic Falls.

Your thoughts of seeing Damon and Stefan again raced in your head. To say you were excited was an understatement. You were ecstatic. You hadn't seen them since the 1920s, and you had so many questions for them.

You wanted to know what they had been up to, and if they still looked and acted the same. You wanted to know everything, you had missed them. You had really grown close to the Salvatore brothers back in the day, and you couldn't wait to see them. You were only a couple of states over, and it was around 9 PM, so you knew that if you drove all night you would make it there by morning.