{12}

You never expect it. The moment when you know your life is going to change. You imagine it over and over in your head, but when the moment actually comes, you're never really prepared for it.

That's how you were feeling as Damon drove to the Mikaelsons'. Your entire life has been devoted to finding them. You imagined what they would say or do. You imagined how you would react to being reunited with them. But, now that you were going to be, you were anxious.

Thoughts were racing through your head at a thousand miles per hour, and honestly you held your breath as Damon pulled up to a huge house saying, "We're here." You exhaled slowly, and then got out of the car.

Damon and Stefan got out too, and you took one more deep breath before telling Damon and Stefan to knock on the door. You hid on the side of the front wall, just out of Nik's view. Damon and Stefan glanced at each other before Stefan knocked on the door. Rebekah came to open the door and she had a devilish smirk on her face as she said, "Wow, you two are dumber than I thought, coming here after everything. Well, if you insist on dying then, please, come on in."

"Thank you," Damon replied with a smirk as well. You used your vamp speed to sneak behind Damon and Stefan as they walked inside the house. They kept you hidden well, and soon Klaus came to the space you were all standing in, though he only saw the Salvatores and his sister.

"Stefan, Damon, what horrible surprises. Come to try to kill me again?" Nik asked sarcastically. "We just want to talk," Stefan replied. "I have no interest in talking to you," Niklaus responded.

That's when you stepped out from behind the two boys. "How about to me?" you asked, and both Niklaus and Rebekah were stunned. "Y-Y/N?" Rebekah asked, her voice cracking a little. Losing you was something that hit her hard. You were family to her, and she was overwhelmed with happiness when she saw you.

She quickly pulled you into a hug, and you hugged her back tightly. You missed her so much. When you both broke the hug, you smiled warmly, and then looked at Niklaus, and he said, "Well, love, you look ravishing for being dead."

"Nik, I have been looking for you all for centuries. If you don't get your ass over here and let me hug my brother, then I will kick it," you replied. Niklaus smirked before coming over and pulling you into a huge hug. "I've missed you so much Y/N. How did you survive?" he asked, pulling away.

"Mikael missed. He didn't stab me in the heart. I pulled the stake out, and he went after you, so I got away. I have been looking for you guys ever since. I came close in New Orleans, and again a few other times. But, when I never could find you, I came to Mystic Falls for Stefan and Damon. We had met in the 20s. Little did I know he was dating Rebekah at the time, but I promised them I would find them later in life, and I was just keeping good to that promise, and then I found out that you guys were here," you explained.

Niklaus looked down, and you could tell he was somewhat ashamed of what he had done. You knew that he wanted to have a private conversation, so you turned to Stefan and Damon and said, "Guys, thanks for getting me here, but could I have a few moments alone with them?"

"What if they try something?" Damon asked. "Believe me, I would never hurt Y/N. Her life actually means something to me," Nik told them. Damon eyed him skeptically and then responded, "Okay, fine. Do you want us to just wait for you outside?"

"No, that's okay. We have a lot of catching up to do. Please, go home. I can walk to a motel from here," you told them. "Or you can stay the night here," Niklaus suggested. You looked at Nik and nodded your head, and then turned your attention back to Stefan and Damon. Damon gave Niklaus one last look before pulling you into a hug.

"Okay, just be careful, okay?" Damon asked you. You nodded your head, and then hugged Stefan as well. "If you need anything call us," Stefan told you. You promised you would before they left, and then you looked at the area you were in.